Starting with center of thrust to find amount of force on each point?

In summary, the conversation discussed the game "From the Depths" which allows players to build their own helicopter blades and program them in LUA. The person is having trouble determining the amount of lift each blade needs to have and is seeking help in finding a method to solve this problem. They referenced an example from Flite Test for calculating center of thrust on multirotors but are unsure how to apply it to their situation. They also mentioned the possibility of using a V/A-tail thrust.
Tontow
I'm playing a game, From the Depths, that let's you build your own helicopter blades (and put them on ships that you build) and program in LUA.

I did some searching and found: Calculating the Center of Thrust on Multirotors | Flite Test

Currently, there is no way to tell how much lift a given helicopter blade has.
What is known is:
- how heavy the ship is
-the location of the center of mass
- the location and direction of each helicopter blade.What I'm having trouble doing is starting out with the center of thrust and finding out how much thrust each blade needs to have out of a possible -100% to +100% power.IE: (to take from the link above)
How would you solve:
8.33 = (a*0 + s*10 + d*15) / (a+s+d)
Solve for a and s and d when power is at 50% of the maximum possible power.

Bonus: Use something that includes V/A-tail thrust

Mathematics news on Phys.org
I really don't know how I would go about solving this aside from just using guess and check.

Any help on finding a method would be appreciated.

1. What is the center of thrust?

The center of thrust is the point at which the net force acting on an object is considered to be concentrated.

2. How is the center of thrust determined?

The center of thrust can be determined by finding the point where the sum of the moments of all the individual forces acting on an object is zero.

3. Why is it important to start with the center of thrust when finding the amount of force on each point?

The center of thrust is important because it allows you to accurately determine the distribution of force on an object, which is crucial for understanding its overall stability and motion.

4. What factors can affect the location of the center of thrust?

The location of the center of thrust can be affected by the shape and orientation of an object, as well as the magnitude and direction of the forces acting on it.

5. Can the center of thrust change during an object's motion?

Yes, the center of thrust can change when the direction or magnitude of the forces acting on an object change, or when the object itself changes shape or orientation.