Stem cells question and gum lift/gum grafting

• Thread starter timeuser84
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Cells Stem
In summary, the conversation discusses the existence of gum stem cells and stem cell teeth treatment for gum regeneration, the purpose of a gum lift in dental procedures, and the use of gum grafting to replace diseased or injured tissue. The individual asking the questions has not received a response from a dentistry forum and is seeking answers here. Stem cell therapy is a controversial topic, with some negative reports and potential for financial gain.
timeuser84
do gum stem cells exist for 100% regeneration of my gums and do stem cell teeth treatment exist as well?what is a gum lift and what does it do for the human mouth? what does gum graphting do? I had asked this in a dentistry forum and its been a year or over 2 months with no response from them so I am asking here if someone knows.

Biology news on Phys.org
timeuser84 said:
what does gum graphting do?
It cuts a piece from one place and attaches it to another place.

Graft: Healthy skin, bone, kidney, liver, or other tissue that is taken from one part of the body to replace diseased or injured tissue removed from another part of the body. For example, skin grafts can be used to cover areas of skin that have been burned.
from: https://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=3627

Hi, thanks for whoever answering my gum graft question however this doesn't answer the other questions I had so please answer them all if anyone knows. if the site is busy I apologize and will wait until my questions are answered.

Never heard of such stem cell treatment yet. Hope someone would chime into answer your question.

1. What are stem cells and how are they used in gum lift/gum grafting procedures?

Stem cells are undifferentiated cells that have the ability to develop into different types of cells in the body. In gum lift/gum grafting procedures, stem cells are used to regenerate and repair damaged gum tissue.

2. What is the difference between a gum lift and a gum grafting procedure?

A gum lift is a cosmetic procedure that involves reshaping the gum line to improve the appearance of the teeth. A gum grafting procedure, on the other hand, is a surgical procedure that involves taking tissue from one area of the mouth and using it to replace damaged gum tissue in another area.

3. Are there any risks associated with using stem cells in gum lift/gum grafting procedures?

As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks involved with using stem cells in gum lift/gum grafting procedures. These risks include infection, bleeding, and allergic reactions. It is important to consult with a qualified healthcare professional before undergoing any procedure involving stem cells.

4. How long does it take to see results from a gum lift/gum grafting procedure?

The time it takes to see results from a gum lift/gum grafting procedure can vary depending on the individual and the extent of the procedure. In general, it can take several weeks to a few months for the gums to fully heal and for the final results to be visible.

5. Are there any alternative treatments to gum lift/gum grafting procedures?

There are alternative treatments to gum lift/gum grafting procedures, such as using synthetic materials or donor tissue instead of stem cells. However, these alternatives may not provide the same level of regeneration and repair as using stem cells. It is best to discuss all available options with a healthcare professional to determine the best treatment plan for your specific needs.