Strong force and superposition

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of a complex structure of subatomic particles and their interactions, specifically regarding entanglement and the role of the strong force. The speaker apologizes for the unclear nature of their question and suggests that a deeper understanding of quantum field theory is necessary to fully understand the topic. The conversation ends with the closure of the thread.
Bill Myk
I apologize if this question seems like gibberish, Its been annoying me.
I tried to ask this once but i didnt ask it properly.

If there was a complex structure of sub atomic particles, and each sub atomic particle was in its individual space time vector, or eigenstate, and they where each entangled with there superpositions, would they make up the same complex structure?

Also, would strong force keep them bound @ there superposition after wave function collapse do to observation
I can't understand why strong force would cease to function @ the superposition?

Physics news on Phys.org
Bill Myk said:
I apologize if this question seems like gibberish, ...
Unfortunately, it is gibberish. Part of the problem is that it makes no sense to think of individual particles with distinct and independent states inside of a system as complex as a collection of particles interacting through the strong force.

I doubt that you'll be able to find a satisfactory answer until you've studied enough quantum field theory to pose the question more clearly.

This thread is closed.

Likes bhobba

1. What is the strong force?

The strong force is one of the four fundamental forces of nature, along with gravity, electromagnetism, and the weak force. It is responsible for holding together the nucleus of an atom by overcoming the electrostatic repulsion between positively charged protons.

2. How does the strong force work?

The strong force works by binding together quarks, the smallest particles that make up protons and neutrons. Quarks are held together by exchanging particles called gluons, which act as the "glue" of the strong force. This force is extremely strong at very short distances, but becomes weaker as the distance between particles increases.

3. What is the role of the strong force in nuclear reactions?

The strong force plays a crucial role in nuclear reactions, as it is responsible for holding together the protons and neutrons in the nucleus. It also determines the stability of a nucleus and plays a role in the process of nuclear fusion, which powers the sun and other stars.

4. What is superposition in relation to the strong force?

In quantum mechanics, superposition is the principle that a physical system can exist in multiple states at the same time. In the context of the strong force, superposition refers to the ability of particles to exist in a combination of different states, or "flavors", of quarks, such as up and down quarks. This is known as quark mixing and is a fundamental property of the strong force.

5. How does the strong force relate to the concept of confinement?

Confinement is a phenomenon in which quarks and gluons are always bound together within particles and cannot exist as isolated particles. This is due to the strong force becoming stronger as particles move further apart, making it impossible to separate quarks from each other. The concept of confinement is essential to understanding the behavior of particles governed by the strong force.