Study Physics: Space, Time, Black Holes & More

In summary, the conversation discusses a person's interest in studying space and time, black holes, and relativity in their career. Special and general relativity are mentioned as fields of physics that cover these topics, and the person is wondering which subject they should choose in university to focus on these areas. The other person suggests that studying theoretical physics will cover all the necessary theory for researching in this field.
@PK nd
Hi!
Guys i want to know that which field of physics studies space and time , black holes, warm holes etc. I want to make a career in researching in studying them .

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
That would be relativity.

Special relativity is about space and time relationships. General relativity is about gravitation (including holes).

thnx
i was just wondering about my career options if i want o research into the subject what should be my field, i mean astrophysics , theoritical physics etc .

Relativity is very theoretical.

so , it means if i want to research in the branch i can study theoroetical physics in college.

What do you mean?

i mean what should i choose as subject in univeristy to study about black holes, realtivity etc

If you go to school to study relativity, you will already be learning all the theory. It's the same.

thanx for your help.

No prob!

What is physics?

Physics is the study of matter, energy, and the interactions between them. It encompasses a wide range of topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and optics.

Why is it important to study physics?

Studying physics allows us to better understand the natural world and the laws that govern it. It also helps us develop new technologies and solve real-world problems.

What is the relationship between space and time?

According to Einstein's theory of relativity, space and time are intricately linked and form a four-dimensional continuum known as spacetime. Space and time are no longer considered separate entities, but rather a unified fabric.

What is a black hole?

A black hole is a region of spacetime with such a strong gravitational pull that nothing, not even light, can escape from it. It is formed when a massive star collapses under its own weight, causing its core to become infinitely dense.

How do black holes affect the surrounding space and time?

Black holes can significantly distort the fabric of spacetime, causing nearby objects to orbit around them and even slowing down time. They can also emit powerful jets of radiation and impact the evolution of galaxies.