Studying with a Cold: Get Better Now!

In summary, G01 and others discuss their experiences with having a cold and trying to do homework while under the weather. G01 expresses frustration with not being able to focus and worries about turning in poor quality work. Others offer sympathy and share their own experiences with getting sick in a communal environment like school. One faculty member even jokes about "shipping fever" spreading among the students. In the end, G01 and others hope to recover soon and not spread their colds to others.
G01
Homework Helper
Gold Member
So, I have a cold. I hate colds... Not only do I feel completely under the weather but I have E&M homework to do. The problem is, thanks to the cough syrup, I can't keep a coherent train of thought! I'm going to hand in crap for this assignment! The one problem I started I working out a surface integral and found myself drawing stick figures five minutes later, apparently having completely forgot about the problem! AGGGHHHH! I need to get better, now!

Physics news on Phys.org
That sucks man :-(. Get well soon.

G01 said:
So, I have a cold. I hate colds... Not only do I feel completely under the weather but I have E&M homework to do. The problem is, thanks to the cough syrup, I can't keep a coherent train of thought! I'm going to hand in crap for this assignment! The one problem I started I working out a surface integral and found myself drawing stick figures five minutes later, apparently having completely forgot about the problem! AGGGHHHH! I need to get better, now!
<pours hot chicken soup into G01's computer>

Hope you feel better soon.

chicken_noodle_soup_thyme.jpg

I feel your pain. I have a cold right now and a ton of homework to do.

that's a nice looking soup, moe!
Feel better soon, G01!

Yeah, some nasty bug has been going around among all the students here too. They are showing up for class looking pretty dazed on their cold medicines.

One of the faculty in the Ag School commented that they all get shipping fever every year, a few get sick in transport and before you know it, have spread it to the whole herd. :smile:

Math Is Hard said:
that's a nice looking soup, moe!
Feel better soon, G01!

Evo said:
<pours hot chicken soup into G01's computer>

Hope you feel better soon.

dontdisturbmycircles said:
That sucks man :-(. Get well soon.

moose said:
I feel your pain. I have a cold right now and a ton of homework to do.

Thanks guys. I'm starting to feel somewhat better, but still coughing every five seconds. Hope you feel better as well, moose.

Moonbear said:
Yeah, some nasty bug has been going around among all the students here too. They are showing up for class looking pretty dazed on their cold medicines.

One of the faculty in the Ag School commented that they all get shipping fever every year, a few get sick in transport and before you know it, have spread it to the whole herd. :smile:

It's really not surprising when you think about schools in general. They are the perfect places to spread diseases, what with everyone crammed together into rooms and lecture halls. I noticed my German professor(teaches a class on the German language, not from Germany) had a cold on Friday, after I had gone to class for a week with mine...I feel I may have had something to do with it...:redface:

Last edited:

Related to Studying with a Cold: Get Better Now!

1. How can studying with a cold affect my academic performance?

Studying with a cold can have a negative impact on your academic performance. The symptoms of a cold, such as a runny nose, sore throat, and headache, can make it difficult to concentrate and retain information.

2. Is it okay to take over-the-counter medication while studying with a cold?

Yes, it is okay to take over-the-counter medication to relieve your cold symptoms while studying. However, be sure to read and follow the recommended dosage and consult with a doctor if you have any concerns.

3. How can I manage my time effectively when studying with a cold?

To manage your time effectively while studying with a cold, try breaking up your study sessions into shorter chunks and taking breaks in between to rest and drink plenty of fluids. Prioritize the most important tasks and focus on those first.

4. What are some tips for staying motivated while studying with a cold?

Staying motivated while studying with a cold can be challenging, but try setting small goals for each study session and rewarding yourself after completing them. Also, remind yourself of the importance of your education and the long-term benefits of studying.

5. How can I prevent getting sick while studying during cold and flu season?

To prevent getting sick while studying during cold and flu season, make sure to wash your hands regularly, get enough rest, and maintain a healthy diet. Additionally, try to avoid close contact with others who are sick and consider getting a flu vaccine.