SULI DoE Fall 2018 Acceptance Thread

In summary, this thread discusses the SULI internship for Fall 2018 and the application process. The deadline was May 30th and offers are typically given by August 7th. Some individuals have applied to labs such as LANL and PNNL, with varying success in receiving offers. Another individual had success with Berkeley Lab but realized afterwards that the cost of living is high and housing is not provided, causing some difficulty. Overall, the discussion is centered around experiences and progress with the application process for the SULI internship.
Zachary Croft
This thread is for the SULI internship for Fall 2018. The application deadline was May 30th and offers are given until around August 7th.

Has anyone had any luck getting accepted to a lab? What labs did you apply to? When did you apply and how long did it take to receive an offer?

Physics news on Phys.org
I applied for SULI this fall semester with LANL as my first choice and PNNL as my second. I have yet to here back from either. Have you had any luck with responses?

jg22 said:
I applied for SULI this fall semester with LANL as my first choice and PNNL as my second. I have yet to here back from either. Have you had any luck with responses?

Yes, my first choice was Berkeley Lab and my second choice was Argonne. A couple of weeks ago I received two offers from Berkeley and accepted, I'm very excited! However, I didn't research the cost of living before applying...turns out Berkeley is a very expensive place to live and there's no on-site housing that's provided :eek:, so I am currently struggling to find an affordable apartment.

Good luck, hope you hear back with an offer!

1. What is SULI DoE Fall 2018 Acceptance Thread?

SULI DoE Fall 2018 Acceptance Thread refers to the online forum or discussion platform where applicants for the U.S. Department of Energy's Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship (SULI) program for Fall 2018 can check their acceptance status.

2. Who can apply for the SULI DoE Fall 2018 program?

Undergraduate students who are U.S. citizens or permanent residents and are pursuing degrees in science, mathematics, engineering, or technology fields can apply for the SULI DoE Fall 2018 program.

3. What is the purpose of the SULI DoE Fall 2018 program?

The SULI DoE Fall 2018 program provides undergraduate students with hands-on research experience in a DOE laboratory, allowing them to contribute to ongoing research projects and gain valuable skills and knowledge in their field of study.

4. When can I expect to hear back about my acceptance to the SULI DoE Fall 2018 program?

The acceptance emails for the SULI DoE Fall 2018 program will be sent out in mid to late July. Applicants can also check their acceptance status on the SULI DoE Fall 2018 Acceptance Thread.

5. What should I do after receiving my acceptance to the SULI DoE Fall 2018 program?

If you are accepted into the program, you will need to complete all necessary paperwork and requirements, such as a background check and drug test, before beginning your internship. You will also need to communicate with your assigned mentor and prepare for your internship experience.