SULI DOE acceptance Spring 2016

In summary, there has been no response from the DOE regarding the SULI applications and the key dates indicate that all offers will be emailed by December 11th. However, the status on the applicant page is still "Application complete and pending Review." It is likely that the person was not accepted and others are also discussing their experiences with REUs.
Hectorrshr
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has heard back from the DOE regarding the SULI applications.

I applied to the following labs:
- Princeton Plasma Physics Lab (astronomy, plasma physics)
- Los Alamos national lab (astronomy, condensed matter)

In the key dates it says that all offers would be emailed by December 11th. However, I haven't heard back from any lab, but the status in the applicant page still says "Application complete and pending Review."

Should I assume that I wasn't accepted?

How is everyone else doing with spring/summer REUs.

You should probably assume that you weren't accepted. I applied for a SULI twice - the first time I got an offer very early, and the second time I was not accepted but I wasn't notified until long, long after the date by which offers would be sent out.

1. What is the SULI DOE program and how does it work?

The SULI DOE (Science Undergraduate Laboratory Internship Department of Energy) program is a competitive internship program for undergraduate students majoring in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics (STEM) fields. It allows students to spend 10 weeks conducting research at a national laboratory under the guidance of a scientist or engineer.

2. How can I apply for the SULI DOE program?

To apply for the SULI DOE program, you must submit an application through the Department of Energy's online application system. Applications for the Spring 2016 term typically open in November and close in January. Applicants must also submit a letter of recommendation from a professor or mentor and official transcripts.

3. What are the eligibility requirements for the SULI DOE program?

To be eligible for the SULI DOE program, applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents, at least 18 years old, and enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at an accredited college or university. Applicants must also have a minimum GPA of 3.0 and must have completed at least one year of undergraduate coursework in a STEM field.

4. What kinds of research projects are available through the SULI DOE program?

The SULI DOE program offers a wide range of research projects at various national laboratories across the United States. These projects cover a variety of STEM fields, including physics, biology, chemistry, computer science, and engineering. The specific projects available for the Spring 2016 term can be found on the Department of Energy's website.

5. What are the benefits of participating in the SULI DOE program?

Participating in the SULI DOE program provides students with the opportunity to gain hands-on research experience, work with state-of-the-art equipment and facilities, and network with scientists and engineers in their field of interest. In addition, participants receive a stipend, housing allowance, and travel reimbursement during their 10-week internship. This experience can also enhance a student's resume and provide valuable skills for future career opportunities.