Superatom Chemistry: Where to Find Info & What's Going On?

• Thread starter Garlic
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemistry
In summary, the conversation discusses the lack of available information on superatom chemistry despite its media coverage in 2008. The Wikipedia article on the topic is short and there are no scientific articles available. It is mentioned that there may not be much information in the near future. Some limited information can be found on aluminum superconductors for free, but it may not be relevant to the specific topic being discussed.
Garlic
Gold Member
Hello everyone,
I see that superatom chemistry was considered to be a big lap in chemistry, lots of news articles were made in 2008. The problem is, I can't find any scientific articles etc. , nothing else, but basic information on it. Even the wikipedia article of superatom chemistry is really short and all other articles I can find aren't free.
Does anyone know what is going on at the moment about sc?
Where can I find information about superatom chemistry?

Chemistry news on Phys.org
From what I know, they didn't really publish/found something of a big importance, in the near future, I don't think there will much information about it, sadly.

Likes Garlic
Qemikal said:
From what I know, they didn't really publish/found something of a big importance, in the near future, I don't think there will much information about it, sadly.

Thank you.

This is based on Aluminum super conductors, but I doubt that it is what you are looking for. If you are looking for the most information for free, then I would recommend this site. I hope that this helps. :)

Likes Garlic
Draygoes said:
This is based on Aluminum super conductors, but I doubt that it is what you are looking for. If you are looking for the most information for free, then I would recommend this site. I hope that this helps. :)

Thanks!

1. What is superatom chemistry?

Superatom chemistry is a branch of chemistry that focuses on the properties and behavior of clusters of atoms known as "superatoms." These clusters have unique electronic and structural properties that differ from those of individual atoms or molecules, making them potential building blocks for new materials and technologies.

2. How are superatoms different from regular atoms?

Superatoms are clusters of atoms that have a similar electronic structure to a single atom of a different element. This allows them to exhibit properties that are not typically seen in individual atoms or molecules, such as enhanced magnetic or catalytic activity. Superatoms can also be manipulated and assembled in ways that individual atoms cannot, making them potential building blocks for new materials.

3. Where can I find information on superatom chemistry?

There are numerous resources available for information on superatom chemistry, including scientific journals, books, and online databases. Some reputable sources to start with include ACS Nano, Journal of the American Chemical Society, and Inorganic Chemistry.

4. What are some current research topics in superatom chemistry?

Some current research topics in superatom chemistry include the synthesis and characterization of new superatom clusters, their applications in catalysis and nanotechnology, and their potential use in quantum computing. Other areas of interest include the study of superatom-based materials for energy storage and conversion, and their behavior in biological systems.

5. How is superatom chemistry relevant in everyday life?

While superatom chemistry is a relatively new field, it has the potential to impact our everyday lives in various ways. For example, superatom-based materials could lead to more efficient and sustainable energy storage and conversion devices, while superatom clusters with unique magnetic properties could be used in advanced data storage and processing technologies. Additionally, the study of superatoms could contribute to our understanding of how atoms and molecules interact, leading to advancements in fields like drug development and environmental remediation.