Superconductive Contour with Inductance and Magnetic Field: Current Calculation

In summary, the conversation discusses a superconductive contour in the shape of a circle with a radius of ##a## and an inductance of ##L##. The current in the contour is unknown, but it is assumed that the resistance is zero due to the superconductive material. The question is how to find the current when a constant magnetic induction vector appears perpendicular to the plane of the contour. The use of Lenz's law and the Biot-Savart law are proposed as potential methods for solving this problem.
cdummie
1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
We have a superconductive contour in the shape of circle with radius ##a##. Inductance of contour is ##L##, when the contour is out of magnetic field, there's no current in it. What's the current in the contour when constant magnetic induction vector appears in it, if magnetic induction vector is normal( 90 deg.) to the plane of contour.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Few things here are not clear to me, i mean, current should be ## i(t)=\frac{e(t)}{R}##, but since contour is superconductive then i suppose that resistance should be zero. Now, next thing is ##e(t)##. How many there are sources of induced electric field? How can i find them? Is there only self-inductance present in this system?

Last edited by a moderator:
cdummie said:

The Attempt at a Solution

Few things here are not clear to me, i mean, current should be ## i(t)=\frac{e(t)}{R}##, but since contour is superconductive then i suppose that resistance should be zero. Now, next thing is ##e(t)##. How many there are sources of induced electric field? How can i find them? Is there only self-inductance present in this system?
I'm not positive about this, but I think that you can apply Lenz's law to obtain the direction of the induced current, and assume that the superconductor can generate, without opposition from resistance, any current necessary to oppose (cancel) the external field within the loop. So maybe invoke the Biot-Savart law to find an appropriate current?

Related to Superconductive Contour with Inductance and Magnetic Field: Current Calculation

1. What is Superconductive Contour with Inductance and Magnetic Field?

Superconductive Contour with Inductance and Magnetic Field is a theoretical concept in physics that describes the behavior of a superconductor when exposed to an external magnetic field. It involves the calculation of the current flowing through the superconductor and the resulting magnetic field.

2. How does current flow in a Superconductive Contour with Inductance and Magnetic Field?

In a superconductor, current flows without resistance, which means that there is no energy loss as the current travels through the material. The flow of current is described by the Meissner effect, which states that a superconductor will expel any magnetic field from its interior.

3. What are the applications of Superconductive Contour with Inductance and Magnetic Field?

The understanding and control of superconductive behavior is essential for the development of technologies such as magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), particle accelerators, and high-speed trains. Superconductive Contour with Inductance and Magnetic Field calculations are also important for the design of superconducting devices and materials.

4. How is the current calculated in Superconductive Contour with Inductance and Magnetic Field?

The calculation of current in a superconductor involves the use of Maxwell's equations, which describe the relationship between electric and magnetic fields. It also takes into account the properties of superconductors, such as the Meissner effect, to determine the amount and direction of current flowing through the material.

5. What are the challenges in studying Superconductive Contour with Inductance and Magnetic Field?

One of the main challenges in studying Superconductive Contour with Inductance and Magnetic Field is the complexity of the equations involved. It also requires a deep understanding of quantum mechanics and electromagnetism. Additionally, the behavior of superconductors can be unpredictable, making it difficult to accurately predict the current and magnetic field in real-world scenarios.