Taking pic that "Preserves" size

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the best way to send physical pictures that need to meet certain size requirements. It is suggested to either send the pictures as a file or paste them into a document where the scaling and printer page size can be controlled. The recipient should specify the physical size and DPI they want the pictures printed at.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
TL;DR Summary
I have a small set of images , all of same size, axb. How can I take a pic where the images come out in the same size axb ?
I have a small set of images , all of same size, axb. How can I take a (Phone camera) pic where the images come out in the same size axb ? I just need to send the actual physical pics elsewhere, or at least I need to provide these pics statisfying several specs , including dimension- wise from the originals.

Computer science news on Phys.org
If you have them already then just send them intact or combine into a pdf and send them. You can email them to your email acct and then download to your phone for sending via messaging if thats what you want to do.

Likes WWGD
jedishrfu said:
Is axb pixels or inches?
inches, thanks.

jedishrfu said:
If you have them already then just send them intact or combine into a pdf and send them. You can email them to your email acct and then download to your phone for sending via messaging if thats what you want to do.
Thanks. Thing is they must be turned in as physical pics, satisfying size restriction, not as a file. Then they would have to be printed at the receiving end while preserving size restriction. Edit: Trying to save on cost of sending it to a remote place.

Last edited:
WWGD said:
Thanks. Thing is they must be turned in as physical pics, satisfying size restriction, not as a file. Then they would have to be printed at the receiving end while preserving size restriction.
So you need to send pictures that will be printed at the final destination at actual 1:1 size.

You can paste the pictures into a Word document or Visio document where you can control the scaling and the printer page size. Just be careful that you don't size them for 8.5"x11" paper and have them printed at the far end on Euro size or legal size paper...

Likes jedishrfu and WWGD
Surely you just resize them to the required size and send them to the recipient? The recipient should tell you the physical size they want them printed and the DPI they are using when printing.

1. How can I ensure that my photos preserve their original size?

To preserve the size of your photos, it is important to use a high-resolution camera and to avoid compressing the image too much. You can also save the photo as a raw file instead of a compressed file format like JPEG.

2. Will resizing my photos affect their quality?

Yes, resizing photos can affect their quality. When you resize a photo, you are essentially changing the number of pixels in the image. This can result in a loss of detail and sharpness in the photo.

3. What is the best file format for preserving photo size?

The best file format for preserving photo size is a raw file. This format retains all of the original data captured by the camera, allowing for maximum flexibility and quality when editing and printing the photo.

4. Can I still edit the size of a photo without losing quality?

Yes, you can edit the size of a photo without losing quality by using image editing software that allows for non-destructive editing. This means that the original photo is not altered, and any changes made are saved separately.

5. What are the benefits of preserving the size of my photos?

Preserving the size of your photos allows for maximum quality and flexibility in editing and printing. It also ensures that the photo will look its best when viewed on different devices or printed at larger sizes.