Taylor polynom of f(x)=1/(√1-e3x)

In summary, the function you wrote does not have a Maclauren expansion and you copied it incorrectly.
Susenkovykral
Member warned about posting homework/exam problems with no effort shown
Hello,

I can't find solution for Maclaurin (Taylor a=0) polynom of function: f(x)=1/(√1-e3x).

Could you help me please?
Thank you so much for help

Andrea

Physics news on Phys.org
I think something went wrong with formatting. I guess you didn't mean$$f(x) = \frac 1 {\sqrt 1 - e3x}$$
Is this homework?

I'm sorry. I made wrong formattion. The function is in the picture http://file:///C:/Users/nemkv/Desktop/function.JPG

It is from the exams.

Attachments

• function.JPG
    function.JPG
    2.4 KB · Views: 429
Last edited by a moderator:
I moved the thread to the homework section.
$$f(x)=\sqrt{1-e^{3x}}$$
Where did you run into problems?

Edit: Fixed sign. With minus it is odd.

Last edited:
Susenkovykral said:
The function you wrote, its wrong, it is with minus, not with plus.
My problem starts whan I make first (second, third, ..)derivation of this function and then I change x=a, and decide a=0.
When I decided a=0 the denominator equals 0. And I can't divide by zero. So I have no results.

Susenkovykral said:
The function you wrote, its wrong, it is with minus, not with plus.
My problem starts whan I make first (second, third, ..)derivation of this function and then I change x=a, and decide a=0.
When I decided a=0 the denominator equals 0. And I can't divide by zero. So I have no results.

The function ##f(x) = \sqrt{1-e^{3x}}## does not have a series expansion in powers of ##x-a## when ##a = 0## (that is, a Maclauren expansion). The function ##f(x)## is real when ##x < 0## but is pure imaginary when ##x > 0##, and there is no way any function like that can have a Maclauren expansion.

This is either a "trick" question or else you copied it incorrectly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much. I have checked the function and I have copied it correctly. So It really looks like a trick.

Thanks for your time.
Best regard

Andrea

What is a Taylor polynomial?

A Taylor polynomial is a mathematical function that approximates another function by using a finite number of terms. It is named after mathematician Brook Taylor and is often used in calculus to estimate the behavior of a function at a specific point.

What is the function f(x)=1/(√1-e3x)?

The function f(x)=1/(√1-e3x) is a rational function that includes a square root and the exponential function. It is continuous and differentiable for all real numbers except for x=0, where it is undefined.

How do you find the Taylor polynomial of f(x)=1/(√1-e3x)?

To find the Taylor polynomial of f(x)=1/(√1-e3x), you can use the Taylor series expansion formula. This involves taking derivatives of the function at a specific point and evaluating them to create a polynomial that approximates the function at that point.

What is the purpose of using a Taylor polynomial for f(x)=1/(√1-e3x)?

The purpose of using a Taylor polynomial for f(x)=1/(√1-e3x) is to approximate the behavior of the function at a specific point. This can be useful in situations where it is difficult to find the exact value of the function or when dealing with complex functions.

What is the degree of the Taylor polynomial for f(x)=1/(√1-e3x)?

The degree of the Taylor polynomial for f(x)=1/(√1-e3x) depends on how many terms are used in the expansion. Typically, the more terms used, the higher the degree of the polynomial and the more accurate the approximation will be.