Thanks in AdvanceHelp Needed: Solving Homework Struggles

In summary, the conversation involved multiple questions about different physics problems, including calculating net force, friction, acceleration, and distance traveled. The person asking for help also provided some equations and information to assist in solving the problems. They expressed difficulty in understanding some concepts and asked for assistance.
UnD
I was doing my homework but i am really stuck.
My teacher ain't that good he doesn't explain things very good.
If you can help please help.
Thanks
1. a cyclist of mass 60kg riding up a hill which is inclined at 30 degress to the horizontal at a constant speed. the mass of the bicycle is 20kg.
a)calculate net force.
it's 0 cause he's goin at constant speed.
b)total friction=10n, what's the magnitude of the component of the weight of the system that is parrallel to the road surface?
I have no idea how to do it. i know u have to minus something by 10n.
in the diagram the weight pulling down is 800N.
c)claculate dricing force.
No idea but i think it would the answer in B divided by 100kg.
d)calc the magnitude of the normal reaction force on the bicycle system
again i have no idea.
if you know a site that explains how to do this very well iw would be happy to read it.
thanks
also another question
2)person skin downhil of 60kg(including skies) is moving down a slope inclined at 30 degrees with increasing speed. she is moving in a straight line down the slope.
a)direction of the net force on the skier.
it's down the slope.
b)Claculate magnitude of the component od the skiers weight that is parrallel to the slop.e
again i have no idea how to do it.
c)sum of friction is 8n, claculate net force on skier.

3)a ball of mass 0.5 kg is thrown vertically upwards.
a)calc velocity of the ball at the top of it's flight.
it's 0 cause it stops.
b)calc acceleration at the top of it's flight
it's 9.8 ms-1 cause gravity constant.
c) calculate net force on the ball at the top it's flight?
i couldn't do this 1, there is a net force cause it's accelerating.
and last 1
4)a car of mass 1200kg starats from rest on a horizontal road with a forward thrust of 10 000 N. the resistance to motion due to road and air resistance totals 2500N
1)calc net force.
it's 10000-2500
b)clac acceleration
it's 7500/1200
c)clac speed after 5 s.
this should be easy but i don't get it.
d)calculate the distance the car has traveled after 5 s
again it should be easy but it is annoying me.

If you can help me with these questions it would really help.

Physics news on Phys.org
From what it looks like its just an "object on ramp" problem.

Heres a few things to help you out:

Component parallel to surface : [tex] mgsin(\theta) [/tex]

Component normal to surface : [tex] mgcos(\theta) [/tex]

Force of friction : [tex] \mu_sN = \mu_smgcos(\theta) [/tex]

For ball problem:

At the top of the height, is the ball moving?
What are the forces acting on the ball?
If you know the acceleration on the ball, and you know the mass, use F = ma to find the net force.

For car problem:

[tex] v(t) = v_0 + at [/tex]

[tex] x(t) = dv/dt = x_0 + v_0t + 1/2 at^2 [/tex]

Thx, I understand most it but
Force of friction :, i couldn't raed that properly
I understood the ball one.
The car one i did not understand, Sorry I'm a bit stupid.

Force of friction is proportional to the coefficient of friction x Normal force.
Coefficient of friction [tex] \mu_s [/tex]
Normal force [tex] mgcos(\theta) [/tex]

Velocity of any object under constant linear acceleration is [tex] v = v_0 + at [/tex]
Position of any object under constant linear acceleration is [tex] x = x_0 + v_0t + 1/2 at^2 [/tex]

1. What are some ways to overcome homework struggles?

There are several strategies that can help with homework struggles. One approach is to break down the work into smaller, manageable chunks and take breaks in between. It can also be helpful to create a designated study space and eliminate distractions. Seeking help from a tutor or teacher can also provide additional support.

2. How can I motivate myself to do homework?

Setting clear goals and creating a reward system for completing tasks can help with motivation. It can also be helpful to find a study buddy or join a study group to keep each other accountable. Additionally, remind yourself of the long-term benefits of completing homework, such as improving your grades and understanding of the subject.

3. What should I do if I don't understand the homework?

If you are struggling to understand the homework, don't be afraid to reach out for help. Ask your teacher or a classmate for clarification, or seek assistance from a tutor. It can also be beneficial to review notes and textbook materials related to the assignment. Remember to always ask questions and seek clarification when needed.

4. How can I manage my time better to avoid homework struggles?

Creating a schedule or to-do list can help with time management when it comes to homework. Prioritize tasks based on due dates and difficulty level. It can also be helpful to limit distractions, such as turning off your phone or finding a quiet study space. Remember to also take breaks and avoid procrastination.

5. What are some tips for staying focused while doing homework?

One tip is to eliminate distractions, such as turning off your phone or finding a quiet study space. It can also be helpful to set a timer for each task and take breaks in between. Additionally, finding a study method that works for you, such as creating flashcards or summarizing key points, can help you stay focused and engaged with the material.