The Difficult Dictionary Definitions Game

In summary: Zumbooruk - a small swivel cannon used in the Middle EastIn summary, a dictionary was used to pick the word "contumelious" which means insolently abusive and humiliating. The conversation then continues with the use of the word "Anacreontic" which means in the manner of the poems of Anacreon, convivial or amatory. Another word, "cachinnate" meaning to laugh out loud, is introduced with a humorous sentence. The next word, "sudorific," is defined as something that causes or increases perspiration. The conversation then moves on to the word "xanthochroid" which refers to a person with a light complexion and light hair. Finally, the word
Moridin
Using a dictionary, pick a world. The more obscure and hard-to-understand the better. Post it. The next person posts the definition of the previous word, a funny comment about it and then a new word. You may consult a dictionary.

I'll start:

Contumelious

Physics news on Phys.org
contumelious - insolently abusive and humiliating

How about using the word in sentence? "A contumelious member won't last long."

Anacreontic

Anacreontic -- in the manner of the poems of Anacreon, convivial or amatory.

"I love Evo's Anacreontic posts, even when they are not meant for me."

cachinnate

cachinnate - - LOL

It's quite sudorific if one is forced to harmonize the anacreontic with the contumelious, whilst facing a cachinnating crowd.

sudorific

Last edited:
sudorific - causes or increases perspiration.

"The long, gradual incline became sudorific after the first quarter mile."

xanthochroid

xan·tho·chroid:
adj.
Having a light complexion and light hair.
n.
A person having a light complexion and light hair.

The xanthochroid attributes which the Aryan's regarded as superior were built upon recessive genes.

Flyting
I love this word.

I remember this one from "name that word." I'll pass at answering though.

TheStatutoryApe said:
Flyting
Flyting is a contest of insults, often conducted in verse.

Jimmy's my name and flyting's my game.
Your message I'll flame cause you're so lame.
When your response came, it wasn't the same.
Your poem was lame and way too tame.
I'll destroy your fame just like Valery Plame,
She became the dame that Rove aimed to maim.
I'll force you to claim that it was all a big frame.
Ain't that a shame, you're the one to blame.

Zumbooruk

Last edited:

Related to The Difficult Dictionary Definitions Game

1. What is "The Difficult Dictionary Definitions Game"?

"The Difficult Dictionary Definitions Game" is a word game where players are given challenging words and must try to guess their definitions. It is designed to test players' vocabulary and knowledge of obscure words.

2. How do you play "The Difficult Dictionary Definitions Game"?

To play "The Difficult Dictionary Definitions Game", players take turns drawing a card with a difficult word on it and reading it out loud. The other players then have to guess the definition of the word. If no one guesses correctly, the player who drew the card reveals the definition and receives a point. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins.

3. Is "The Difficult Dictionary Definitions Game" suitable for all ages?

While "The Difficult Dictionary Definitions Game" can be played by anyone, it is more suitable for older players who have a strong grasp of vocabulary and are comfortable with challenging words. Younger players may find the game too difficult and frustrating.

4. Can "The Difficult Dictionary Definitions Game" be played with a group or just two players?

"The Difficult Dictionary Definitions Game" can be played with a group of friends or family members, or with just two players. However, playing with more people can make the game more exciting and challenging.

5. Is "The Difficult Dictionary Definitions Game" educational?

Yes, "The Difficult Dictionary Definitions Game" can be both entertaining and educational. It can help players expand their vocabulary and learn new words, as well as improve their critical thinking and deductive reasoning skills.