The Probability of Rain: A Meteorologist's Perspective.

In summary, understanding the probability of rain is a crucial aspect of a meteorologist's job. This involves analyzing complex weather patterns and data to determine the likelihood of precipitation in a particular area. Factors such as humidity, temperature, and air pressure all play a role in determining the probability of rain. Additionally, advanced technology and forecasting techniques have improved the accuracy of predicting rain, allowing meteorologists to better inform the public and prepare for potential weather events. Overall, the probability of rain is a constantly evolving and essential aspect of meteorology that helps us better understand and plan for the weather.
Kryptos80
How did you find PF?
Google Search
I searched, "is infinity possible?" Because I was coming up with some thoughts which seemed logical (I hope) so I was compelled to find others discussing the topic to see if I even came close to several different answers.

Attachments

• 20221226_052557.jpg
    20221226_052557.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 8
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the forum.

I suggest you post your question in the open forum somewhere (but not here --- intro section is just for intro's)

You'll need to be very specific about what you mean by infinity. Physical? Mathematical? (Don't get into philosophical --- we don't do that here)

Welcome! Meteorologist? I don't think we have one of those here. Feel free to add your insight into topics in the "Other Sciences" forum too.

Kryptos80 said:
How did you find PF?: Google Search

I searched, "is infinity possible?" Because I was coming up with some thoughts which seemed logical (I hope) so I was compelled to find others discussing the topic to see if I even came close to several different answers.
Oh. That's a piece I'm currently working on. Didn't know how it would be displayed. Apologies.
phinds said:
Welcome to the forum.

I suggest you post your question in the open forum somewhere (but not here --- intro section is just for intro's)

You'll need to be very specific about what you mean by infinity. Physical? Mathematical? (Don't get into philosophical --- we don't do that here)
Sorry, I thought I was entering the required fields as a newcomer. I saw post underneath thinking I had to make an intro to everyone. Didn't mean to break the rules from the get go! Actually, "get go" could also be called the initial point of the big bang. Besides a singularity is there a symbol for that? Would it be T(not) (for the lack of the ability to type the actual symbol), initial time?

Kryptos80 said:
Sorry, I thought I was entering the required fields as a newcomer. I saw post underneath thinking I had to make an intro to everyone. Didn't mean to break the rules from the get go!
You didn't break any rules; Welcome to PF.

But I'll bend the rules and ask a question in your Intro thread since you are a degreed Meteorologist . Does a 50% chance of rain forecast for a particular day mean that there is a 50-50 chance of rain on that day, or it will rain for half of that day? I had a debate on the side of freeway once with a highway patrol officer, and he won (since he had a gun) but I still think I was right...