The radio of a triangle inside circle

In summary, the problem is to find the ratio of an equilateral triangle that is inside a circle, with a side length of 24. Using a right triangle with angles of 60-30-90, the hypotenuse (or radio) can be found by multiplying the first catete (apothem) by 2. The second catete (half the base) is equal to the square root of 3. By drawing a line from one of the triangle's angles through the center of the circle to the opposite side, we can create three 30-60-90 right triangles. Using the given side length of 24, we can find the length of all three sides of the triangles. The solution agrees with
H.M. Murdock

Homework Statement

Greetings I 'd really appreciate some help with this problem thanks a lot in advance.

Find the radio of an equilateral triangle if it is inside a circle, and if a side of the triangle has a length of 24.

Homework Equations

I had to use a right triangle of the form 60-30-90
The Radio is the hypotenuse, while one catete (on the base of the triangle) is 1/2 side, and the other catete is the apothem.

The Attempt at a Solution

-half the base equals 1/2 side

On the right triangle of the form 60-30-90,

-The hypotenuse "b" (The Radio) is 2 times the first catete a

-The first catete "a" (The Apothem) equals 1, and

-The second catete "c" (Half the Base) equals square root of 3.

If one side is 24, what is the process in order find the hypotenuse (The Radio) of the right triangle?

The answer of the book is 8 square root of 3.

Thanks a lot

Physics news on Phys.org
Im sorry, I meant "the radio of a circle which has an equilateral triangle inside"

What kind of a radio is it--AM or FM?

1. Draw a circle.
  2. Draw an equilateral triangle inside the circle.
  3. Draw a line from one of the triangle's angles through the center of the circle to the opposite side of the circle. This line bisects the angle it starts from and passes through the center of the circle. Since it passes through the center of the circle, it is a diameter of the circle.
  4. Draw a line from one of the other angles of the equilateral triangle to the end of the diameter.

The two lines you drew determine three triangles, all of which are 30-60-90 degree right triangles. Given that the original equilateral triangle has sides of length 24, you should be able to find all of the sides of the other triangles. The answer I get agrees with the one you reported.

BTW, where are you getting your terms? I looked for "catete" in one dictionary AND in a math dictionary and didn't find it, so I still don't know what one is. I found apothem, but I don't think I've ever heard anyone use it.

1. What is the definition of the radio of a triangle inside circle?

The radius of a circle is the distance from the center of the circle to any point on the circle's circumference. In a triangle inscribed inside a circle, the radius of the circle is equal to the length of the triangle's sides.

2. How is the radio of a triangle inside circle calculated?

The radius of a triangle inscribed inside a circle can be calculated using various methods, including the Pythagorean theorem, trigonometric functions, or using the triangle's area and perimeter.

3. What is the relationship between the radio of a triangle inside circle and its angles?

In a triangle inscribed inside a circle, the angles of the triangle are related to the radius of the circle. Specifically, the measure of each angle is equal to half of the measure of the arc intercepted by that angle.

4. How does the radio of a triangle inside circle affect the triangle's properties?

The radius of a triangle inscribed inside a circle plays a crucial role in determining the triangle's properties, such as its area, perimeter, and angles. It also helps in solving various geometric problems involving inscribed triangles.

5. What are some real-life applications of the radio of a triangle inside circle?

The concept of a triangle inscribed inside a circle and its radius has practical applications in various fields such as architecture, engineering, and physics. It is used in designing circular structures, calculating distances between objects, and understanding the relationship between angles and circular motion.