Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #3,886
Danger said:
No. Luckily, we don't get his broadcasts up here. It was probably dealt with on 'The Daily Show', but I don't always get to see it. :grumpy:

Lucky you! As if network TV isn't dumbed down enough, they interrupt the regular programming to dumb it down even further with his speeches. :grumpy:

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,887
ok

everyone

just stop posting, ok. thanks

cant i be the killer of this thread.. :frown:

• #3,888
Nobody seems to like this guy. How did he ever get re-elected? Was Kerry so bad that Bush seemed an attractive alternative? We need to seriously consider a third and a fourth and a fifth political party. I don't like that there seems to be only two real choices for something so important.

• #3,889
there are dozens of parties

and no, it doesn't matter who you elect - bush and kerry is actually same nwo

• #3,890
Danger said:
If you mean in the sense that Bush is popular; the smart folks want it dead. Only problem is, everyone wants to be the one to kill it, so everyone else keeps sabotaging their attempts. :rolleyes:
Great analogy! :biggrin: Okay, so back to the business of sabotage...

I was just reading The Onion (but PF is still #1). They have the "In-action Heroes" for men who play it safe--one of which is the "Mama's Boy" doll (who was breast fed from the age of 7, and has never taken a risk because he has never left his mama's side). In the video on Mama's Boy, he and his mama are in the grocery store. A woman holding two melons (in front of her chest) approaches him to ask a question about the melons. I'm telling you, tribdog has been busy elsewhere, and I think this is where he has gone!

http://www.theonion.com/opinion/index.php?issue=4117

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #3,891
cronxeh said:
there are dozens of parties
Yeah, but I mean real parties that are actually considered by the public. Doesn't almost every other democratic nation have more than 2 parties that actually win elections sometimes?

• #3,892
yomamma said:
Where do you live>
Just outside of Calgary. See under avatar.

Moonbear said:
they interrupt the regular programming to dumb it down even further with his speeches. :grumpy:
We get some of the more humourous or irritating or just-plain-frightening bits on the national news, but it's never more than a couple of minutes and always analyzed by political and/or linguistics experts. Other than as a potential destroyer-of-the-world-as-we-know-it, he isn't taken very seriously up here. :approve:

cronxeh said:
cant i be the killer of this thread.. :frown:
Apparently not.

Huckleberry said:
Nobody seems to like this guy. How did he ever get re-elected?
In order to be re-elected, don't you have to be elected in the first place? Wasn't he quite definitely the loser of the first election until his conveniently-located brother or cousin or whatever stepped in and rigged the Florida vote? :confused:

• #3,893
politics is all about useless people pondering their useless business for the improbable cause

(c) the cronxeh.

• #3,894
In order to be re-elected, don't you have to be elected in the first place? Wasn't he quite definitely the loser of the first election until his conveniently-located brother or cousin or whatever stepped in and rigged the Florida vote?
You had to say it didntcha? I was trying to forget it and doing a damn good job at it, and then BAM! you went and said it.

I know what I have to do. I have to find a secluded little corner of the universe where I would like to settle down. Then I'll build a rocketship and I'll say to Moonbear "Hey, I got a basket of kittens in my rocketship. Want to see?" She'll get all doe-eyed and look in. Then I close the door and signal franzbear to hit the ignition. Doesn't matter how much time passes on Earth. I'm never coming back anyway.

Oops, only brought enough food and water for two. Sorry franzbear. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt so much after a few days. If you don't eat or talk then you can conserve water for much longer. The trip shouldn't take too long. A few years at the longest.

• #3,895
Huckleberry said:
You had to say it didntcha?... ...The trip shouldn't take too long. A few years at the longest.
I must say, that was one of the most underhanded and effective segues I've seen in a long time. Johnny Carson would have been proud. :approve:

• #3,896
okay this is pissing me off, cronxeh, how do you pronounce your name? :confused:

• #3,897
yomamma said:
okay this is pissing me off, cronxeh, how do you pronounce your name? :confused:
He answered it here.

• #3,898
SOS2008 said:
GA woman holding two melons (in front of her chest) approaches him to ask a question about the melons. I'm telling you, tribdog has been busy elsewhere, and I think this is where he has gone!

I just re-located that puppy's mailing address...since he hasn't been around here, I think it's time to drop him the snail mail to make sure he's still alive!

• #3,899
Huckleberry said:
I know what I have to do. I have to find a secluded little corner of the universe where I would like to settle down. Then I'll build a rocketship and I'll say to Moonbear "Hey, I got a basket of kittens in my rocketship. Want to see?" She'll get all doe-eyed and look in. Then I close the door and signal franzbear to hit the ignition. Doesn't matter how much time passes on Earth. I'm never coming back anyway.

You know I'd drive you crazy if I was the only person you had to talk to in that secluded corner of the universe, don't you? I'm going to have to talk to the folks over in astronomy about finding those corners though. :rofl:

Oops, only brought enough food and water for two. Sorry franzbear. Don't worry, it doesn't hurt so much after a few days. If you don't eat or talk then you can conserve water for much longer. The trip shouldn't take too long. A few years at the longest.

:rolleyes: What a waste. We can't even eat him if we run out of food, he'd probably be all tough and stringy anyway. Here franzbear, chew on a kitten tail.

• #3,900
Moonbear said:
You know I'd drive you crazy if I was the only person you had to talk to
Here, Huck. Have a roll of Red Green's patented Moonbear silencer. <hands over duct tape>

• #3,901
If you think about it, we're pretty much stuck with moonbear, because moonbear is like 1 of4 posters that come to this thread...

• #3,902
Danger said:
Here, Huck. Have a roll of Red Green's patented Moonbear silencer. <hands over duct tape>

Oh, we better bring along a lot of duct tape if we're going to travel to some secluded corner of the universe. It might come in handy for other purposes when you don't want to just float away.

• #3,903
yomamma said:
If you think about it, we're pretty much stuck with moonbear, because moonbear is like 1 of4 posters that come to this thread...

Stuck with me, huh? Maybe, but there's more than 4 people here.

As of this post, the top 15 posters in this thread (for a late start, Danger sure has pulled ahead of the pack!):
Moonbear 1195
Danger 491
franznietzsche 428
dextercioby 384
Artman 370
mattmns 306
BicycleTree 274
Evo 219
Huckleberry 150
SOS2008 146
tribdog 126
cronxeh 124
Math Is Hard 103
arildno 54
Smurf 43

• #3,904
Moonbear said:
It might come in handy for other purposes when you don't want to just float away.
Careful with that; you know how hard it is to remove from a merkin. :tongue:
On the other hand, I guess it would save you having to pack the bikini wax.

Moonbear said:
As of this post, the top 15 posters in this thread (for a late start, Danger sure has pulled ahead of the pack!):
Moonbear 1195
Danger 491
Bloody hell! It's no wonder I never get anything done. It sure doesn't seem like that many while I'm doing it. :eek:

And on that note, I'm going to pack it in for tonight. Gotta work in the morning, and dart league banquet tomorrow night, so not much rest ahead. Hey Moonbear, any smilie party for Brewnog's birthday today? I didn't see a thread. Anyhow, I'll look for the answer tomorrow.

Last edited:
  • #3,905
Danger said:
And on that note, I'm going to pack it in for tonight. Gotta work in the morning, and dart league banquet tomorrow night, so not much rest ahead. Hey Moonbear, any smilie party for Brewnog's birthday today? I didn't see a thread. Anyhow, I'll look for the answer tomorrow.

Yep, just got a thread started (before I saw this one...we must have both been thinking the same thing simultaneously). No smiley party there yet, but it's not just brewnog's birthday today, so I had to find three gifts, not just one. I think this calls for a bigger party too.

• #3,906
Moonbear said:
He's just such a natural with the kid, isn't he? :approve:

As warped as it may sound, I try to think of things I do with my own kids and it all just comes together... :uhh: :bugeye:

• #3,907
DocToxyn said:
As warped as it may sound, I try to think of things I do with my own kids and it all just comes together... :uhh: :bugeye:
I assume you have spares?

• #3,908
Moonbear said:
We can't even eat him if we run out of food, he'd probably be all tough and stringy anyway.
Eat him! Franzbear, although just a baby thread, is over 5000 posts big, has survived fire, bombs, gun attacks, mass murderers, pyscho killer attempts, mad scientific killer attempts, freezing, drowning, electrocution, electro ejaculator probing, and other attempts on it's life too numerous to mention. There is no way you guys are going to eat Franzbear.

On the other hand, should Franzbear get hungry and you two are the only ones around... :bugeye:

• #3,909
Danger said:
I love Red Green! :rofl: :rofl: Great show.

• #3,910
Danger said:
I assume you have spares?

Kids are pretty resilient, I still have my two originals and they're in decent shape. o:)

• #3,911
DocToxyn said:
Kids are pretty resilient, I still have my two originals and they're in decent shape. o:)

:rofl: As I've told many friends when they are pregnant and worrying about raising children: everyone screws up their kids in some way, you just get to choose the way you do it when you have your own. :biggrin:

• #3,912
Moonbear said:
Stuck with me, huh? Maybe, but there's more than 4 people here.

Moonbear 1195
Danger 491
franznietzsche 428
dextercioby 384
Artman 370
mattmns 306
BicycleTree 274
Evo 219
Huckleberry 150
SOS2008 146
tribdog 126
cronxeh 124
Math Is Hard 103
arildno 54
Smurf 43
The ghost is still #2.

• #3,913
Artman said:
Bicycletree, Monitor settings, format crossover from and to Macs or PCs, people viewing with reduced windowed screens, wrap around , these are some examples of what I meant earlier by you doing a good job with the illustrations even with forum limitations. It is a world in motion.
:cry: :cry: Macintosh computers were a deranged plot against me from the start!

• #3,914
BicycleTree said:
:cry: :cry: Macintosh computers were a deranged plot against me from the start!

Just Danger's antiquated equipment. I have no problem viewing your bars on my Mac. I have a small screen (12" powerbook) so have to do some scrolling for the larger versions. I just can't quote or re-create them.

• #3,915
how did u count all the posts by users?

• #3,916
cronxeh said:
how did u count all the posts by users?

It took me all night! :tongue2: :devil: Someone revealed the secret earlier in this thread. I can't do your homework for you, it's against board rules, you'll have to go find the answer for yourself. :tongue:

:rofl:

Oh, okay...on the forum main page where the threads are all listed, click on the number to the right of the thread that is the number of replies to the thread. A list will pop-up with the rankings of who posted in the thread and how many replies they each have. It's a pop-up window, so you have to turn off any pop-up blocker you have on to view it.

• #3,917
oh you sneaky little hobbit.. interesting

• #3,918
Moonbear said:
Just Danger's antiquated equipment.
Now, that was unnice of you, Moonbear. Just because he has a few gray hairs doesn't necessarily mean his equipment is antiquated.

• #3,919
arildno said:
Now, that was unnice of you, Moonbear. Just because he has a few gray hairs doesn't necessarily mean his equipment is antiquated.

o:) Why, that thought never even crossed my mind when I wrote that. I was of course only referring to his OS. :rolleyes: o:)

• #3,920
His operative system?
Do you think he likes being called inoperational??
I'm sure he's not.

Last edited:
Back