Thread Killer Champions: Franzbear & Moonbear

• Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
In summary, Franzbear is the most prolific thread killer in the forum. He has killed at least 12 threads and is likely responsible for 21 more. His ability to kill threads is not a direct outcome of the evidence (number of last posts). You have to at least factor in the total number of posts by each person (posts in GD) to get a more accurate representation of the killer instinct. Franz and Moonie have so many posts here, they are more likely to be the winning killers. You have to divide the number of kills by the total number of posts during the same period to get a corrected distribution.
  • #3,956
I have the habit of reading the last post in a thread and have no idea what is going on, so I read the post before it, then the one before it, all the way back to where I left off.

Does anyone else read threads backwards?

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #3,957
I actually meant Matt... that maybe the reason Matt was using a knife was to pare a baseball.

• #3,958
Evo said:
I have the habit of reading the last post in a thread and have no idea what is going on, so I read the post before it, then the one before it, all the way back to where I left off.

.ti daer uoy yaw rehtie esnes hcum ekam t'nseod ti esuaceb sdrawkcab ti gnidaer reinnuf si eno sihT .daerht eht no sdnepeD

• #3,959
Huckleberry said:
.ti daer uoy yaw rehtie esnes hcum ekam t'nseod ti esuaceb sdrawkcab ti gnidaer reinnuf si eno sihT .daerht eht no sdnepeD
?sey a taht sI

Strange that it's easy to read and type backwards. Maybe that will be the next thread...everyone has to type backwards.

• #3,960
I always used to find writing letters backwards much easier than just words, but it's more difficult on a computer :smile:. My maths teacher didn't used to like it though, even when we handed her a mirror with our homework.

• #3,961
Ah, the computer... the prosthetic brain...

• #3,962
Evo said:
?sey a taht sI

Strange that it's easy to read and type backwards. Maybe that will be the next thread...everyone has to type backwards.

Yes, I read the posts backwards sometimes.

ehmt ormf aedr het evre ddliem oD uto?
I can read them backwards pretty easily, but typing the words backwards is difficult. One word at a time is easy, but whole sentences get a little confusing for me.

• #3,963
Huckleberry said:

:rofl:

?esiwkcolc-retnuoc shgual taht yelims a teg I naC

• #3,964
Yes, look at it from the other side of the screen.
or maybe in a mirror

hmm, if you used two mirrors would the image be clockwise again?

Last edited:
  • #3,965
What if it's an evil smiley that doesn't have a reflection? :devil:

• #3,966
Evo said:

It must be true, great minds thing alike. I am always doing the same.

• #3,967
Integral said:
It must be true, great minds thing alike. I am always doing the same.

For me, it sort of depends. In this thread, I can't stand to miss anything, so always go back to my last post and start from there, but I do the backward reading thing in a lot of other threads that have gone past a page in length. Then again, doing things backward may not be all that uncommon for me. :tongue2:

• #3,968
:zzz: .deb ot going m'I thgindooG :biggrin: .driew lla era uoY

• #3,969
Artman said:
:zzz: .deb ot going m'I thgindooG :biggrin: .driew lla era uoY
:tongue2: yllanif ,dog

• #3,970
Moonbear said:
What if it's an evil smiley that doesn't have a reflection? :devil:
In that case, the reflection that it doesn't have would be transposed.

Anyone heard anything about the show coming on the Scifi channel Saturday "Earthquake, Nature Released?"

• #3,971
Huckleberry said:
Anyone heard anything about the show coming on the Scifi channel Saturday "Earthquake, Nature Released?"
:eek: I didn't know people watched sci-fi :eek:

• #3,972
Maybe just me. I'm a bit of an oddball :cool:
There are others out there somewhere.

• #3,973
Huckleberry said:
Maybe just me. I'm a bit of an oddball :cool:
I would have thought you were a bit of a baseball. After all, you are what you eat.

• #3,974
Math Is Hard said:
I would have thought you were a bit of a baseball. After all, you are what you eat.
Yes, but I'm more like a lozenge shaped baseball on an elliptical field. I also don't have nearly as many stitches.

• #3,975
Huckleberry said:
Yes, but I'm more like a lozenge shaped baseball on an elliptical field. I also don't have nearly as many stitches.
But for computational purposes we could still say you were approximately spherical, right?

• #3,976
Maybe if you squint really hard while shaking your head in a circle. I'll look much more normal that way. Or if you put me on a pylon and spin me really fast. My center of gravity is the same as everyone elses.
I wonder if she'll do it?

• #3,977
I wonder how similar computer cathode ray tube light is to moonlight.

• #3,978
http://www.evolvefish.com/fish/media/E-Procreate.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #3,979
Huckleberry said:

That's a relief. After hearing about those flipper feet, we wouldn't want you to be any more banged up than you need to be. :rofl:

• #3,980
Those flippers are pretty useful. Great balance, prehensile toes, good force to thrust ratio in a liquid medium, and its a unique fashion statement. The lozenge shape makes me fairly hydrodynaimic. In fact I look a lot like cronxeh's fish things up there.

• #3,981
Huckleberry said:
I look a lot like cronxeh's fish things up there.
The top one, I hope.

• #3,982
I don't know. Being a cowboy can be fun too. Remember, my feet can turn almost all the way around. Some people's toes curl. My feet turn.

• #3,983
Huckleberry said:
I don't know. Being a cowboy can be fun too. Remember, my feet can turn almost all the way around. Some people's toes curl. My feet turn.

:confused: Now I know I missed something, or at least I hope I missed something. I need to start getting to sleep before dawn.

• #3,984
hoodia gordonii

i got the seeds and I am growing the thing in my room

• #3,985
I was listening to this 2 hour debate of Evolutionist vs Creationist. Both have graduate degrees (except that the evolutionist has a PhD, and Creationist has MS). The beat down of a creationist is very in-your-face kind of a slap.

http://www.infidelguy.com/demo/infidelguy.com_Massimo_vs_Robert.mp3

If that link doesn't work (the file should be around 28 megs), go this page ( http://www.infidelguy.com/?ref=qxtrue ) and download
Did Humans Evolve From Other Species?: Dr. Pigliucci vs Robert Allen. Informal discussion/debate.

0878936599.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ISBN 0-87893-659-9

Hilarious cover.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #3,986
cronxeh said:
I was listening to this 2 hour debate of Evolutionist vs Creationist.

Wow, you really are going to great lengths to kill this thread! :bugeye:

Hilarious cover.

That is a funny cover. :rofl:

• #3,987
cronxeh said:
hoodia gordonii

i got the seeds and I am growing the thing in my room

Do you find it strange that "gordo" means "fat" in spanish? :biggrin:

• #3,988
Math Is Hard said:
But for computational purposes we could still say you were approximately spherical, right?
That would make him a chicken, according to chroot.

• #3,989
Evo said:
:rofl: <snort!> :rofl:

• #3,990
Evo said:

:rofl: :uhh: I'm not sure it quite works that way, but if he can be a football, I guess being a chicken is a step up the food chain. :uhh:

Back