Top universities for aerospace?

In summary, US News ranks engineering universities according to their quality. Top universities include flagship universities such as MIT and prestigious state universities. If you want to pursue a graduate degree in engineering, you should figure out where the most experienced and successful researchers are located and apply to them. Community colleges may not be the best option for someone looking to pursue a graduate degree in engineering, as they may not be able to provide the same level of quality education as a more prestigious university.
AlvisPrabhu
Hello,
I am a US citizen currently residing abroad.i am studying under CBSE , in grade 12. After graduation I wish to study in US . I aspire to become an aerospace engineer and an astrophysicist. What are some top universities that I can try for? What are the requirements?

Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/engineering-doctorate-aerospace-aeronautical-astronautical

Likes AlvisPrabhu
I'd look at flagship/big state universities/the usual suspects (e.g. MIT) and see a). how hard it will be to get in, and b). if you get in,how much you'll pay. Given the current economic climate, I would say that your goal is to graduate without debt as a top priority. Look for a city with a good university and a relatively low cost of living; ideally, look for a cheap community college and get your first two years out of the way, then transfer.

For grad school if you want to do it, figure out who the most established and skilled researchers in your sub specialty are, and where they are at. The rankings, which are mostly nonsense, are useless for this task; instead, you need to talk to people in the field and get a sense of where they think the good people are. That said, you should get a lot of opinions; people will have a wide variety of biases depending upon where their enemies and friends are!

Likes AlvisPrabhu and Greg Bernhardt
Crass_Oscillator said:
I'd look at flagship/big state universities/the usual suspects (e.g. MIT) and see a). how hard it will be to get in, and b). if you get in,how much you'll pay. Given the current economic climate, I would say that your goal is to graduate without debt as a top priority. Look for a city with a good university and a relatively low cost of living; ideally, look for a cheap community college and get your first two years out of the way, then transfer.

For grad school if you want to do it, figure out who the most established and skilled researchers in your sub specialty are, and where they are at. The rankings, which are mostly nonsense, are useless for this task; instead, you need to talk to people in the field and get a sense of where they think the good people are. That said, you should get a lot of opinions; people will have a wide variety of biases depending upon where their enemies and friends are!
Thanks for the advice,but community colleges aren't that good right ?

1. What are the top universities for aerospace engineering?

Some of the top universities for aerospace engineering include the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Stanford University, the University of Michigan, and Georgia Institute of Technology.

2. How are these universities ranked for aerospace engineering?

Universities are typically ranked based on various factors such as research output, faculty expertise, quality of education, and industry partnerships. These factors are evaluated by organizations such as U.S. News & World Report, QS World University Rankings, and Times Higher Education.

3. What makes these universities stand out in terms of aerospace engineering?

These universities often have strong partnerships with industry leaders in the aerospace field, providing students with opportunities for internships and research projects. They also have well-equipped laboratories and facilities for hands-on learning experiences, and highly qualified faculty members who are experts in their respective fields.

4. Is it necessary to attend a top university for aerospace engineering to have a successful career?

No, attending a top university is not a guarantee for a successful career. However, these universities often have a strong reputation and can provide students with valuable networking opportunities, resources, and experiences that can enhance their career prospects in the aerospace industry.

5. Can international students attend these top universities for aerospace engineering?

Yes, most of these top universities have a diverse student population and welcome international students. However, international students may have to meet certain requirements and may also be eligible for financial aid or scholarships offered by the university.