Topic of Paper - What should it be?

In summary, the conversation suggests that the individual is looking for a topic to write a 5-6 page paper on related to physics. Suggestions include writing about the accomplishments of a famous physicist, particularly Richard Feynman, or focusing on orbital motion which can be understood without knowledge of calculus.
Banaticus
Topic of Paper -- What should it be?

I'm looking for a topic to write a 5-6 page paper on. I'm talking Calc 1 now so the phyics class that I'm in doesn't really have any calculus in it. Any suggestions on what might make a good topic?

Physics news on Phys.org
Maybe on the accomplishments of a famous physicist or someone who has contributed to physics a lot, and about what they have added to physics.

If you want to do a biography, I suggest Richard Feynman. He was a very interesting person, as well as a great physicist, and I think he would make for a colorful subject.

Is it supposed to be a physics paper, or a paper related to physics?

Right something about orbital motion... it's cool, and you can get a rough understanding without really knowing calculus (hell, Newton proved Kepler using geometry!)

Related to Topic of Paper - What should it be?

1. What is the purpose of the paper?

The purpose of the paper is to explore, analyze, and discuss a specific topic in depth. This may include presenting new research, synthesizing existing research, or proposing a new idea or solution.

2. How should I choose a topic for my paper?

When choosing a topic, consider your interests, the current state of research in the field, and the potential impact of your topic. It is important to choose a topic that is both manageable and significant.

3. How should I structure my paper?

The structure of your paper will depend on your specific topic and research question. However, most scientific papers follow a similar structure, including an introduction, literature review, methodology, results, discussion, and conclusion.

4. What types of sources should I use for my paper?

You should use a variety of reputable sources such as peer-reviewed journal articles, books, and reputable websites. It is important to critically evaluate your sources and ensure that they are relevant and reliable.

5. How can I make my paper stand out?

To make your paper stand out, ensure that your topic is original and your research is thorough and well-supported. Additionally, consider presenting your findings in a creative and engaging way, such as through visual aids or interactive elements.