Toyota paint code -- Here is where to find it on the vehicle

In summary, the conversation discussed where to find the Toyota paint code, which is located on the VIN sticker on the driver's side doorjamb. The sticker has a "T/C" followed by a 3 character code. One person offered to mail a vial of touchup paint for a gray Toyota with code 1H5 to anyone who needs it. They also mentioned going to a local paint supply store for a perfect match and instant gratification. The conversation also mentioned someone having a vial of 1H5 and offering it for free.
jim hardy
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Today i learned where to find the Toyota paint code.
It's on the VIN sticker which is on driver's side doorjamb.
Bottom left corner of the sticker has a "T/C" followed by a 3 character code.
If anybody needs some touchup paint for a gray Toyota with code 1H5 i have a fresh 1 oz vial that i will mail to any PF'er who can use it. (Assuming USPS will accept it)

I guessed from a color chart and was of course off a little bit, had to go back for another vial of the right color. Hate to see it go to waste. old jim

Likes DryRun, jedishrfu, YoungPhysicist and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks for sharing!

I usually wound up going to the dealer and telling them what car type I had and they would get me the proper paint touch up kit.

jedishrfu said:
I usually wound up going to the dealer

We have a local paint supply guy who mixes paint for all the body shops in the area.
Takes him about ten minutes if you have the paint code from the VIN plate.

The instant gratification not to mention perfect match was well worth the ten bucks.

I wonder where i put vial of 1H5 ? Somebody's going to need it...

Likes jedishrfu
jim hardy said:
I wonder where i put vial of 1H5 ? Somebody's going to need it...
Found it . I did mention it's free, didnt i? Surely somebody has a 1H5 Toyota with a scratch.

Likes dlgoff

1. What is a paint code and why is it important for a Toyota vehicle?

A paint code is a unique combination of numbers and letters that identifies the specific color of paint used on a vehicle. It is important for Toyota vehicles because it ensures that the correct color of paint is used for touch-ups or repairs, maintaining the vehicle's appearance and value.

2. Where can I find the paint code on a Toyota vehicle?

The paint code for a Toyota vehicle can typically be found in one of three places: on a sticker located on the driver's side door jamb, in the owner's manual, or on the firewall of the engine compartment. The location may vary depending on the model and year of the vehicle.

3. How do I read a Toyota paint code?

Toyota paint codes are usually three digits long and may also include a letter at the end. The first number represents the color group, the second number represents the color shade, and the third number represents the color intensity. The letter may indicate additional information such as the type of paint or special edition color.

4. Can I use a paint code from a different Toyota model for my vehicle?

No, it is important to use the correct paint code for your specific Toyota model. Different models may have different shades or variations of the same color, so using the wrong paint code may result in a mismatched color.

5. Are there any online resources for finding Toyota paint codes?

Yes, there are several online resources that provide paint code information for Toyota vehicles. The official Toyota website has a paint code lookup tool, and there are also third-party websites that offer paint code databases for various makes and models.

Back