Transferring from OttawaU to the University of Toronto

In summary, the speaker is a high school graduate starting their first year at the University of Ottawa in a biochemistry program. They plan to transfer to the University of Toronto in their second year and have made adjustments to their course schedule to align with U of T's requirements. They are wondering how to ensure that their current courses at Ottawa are eligible for transfer credits at U of T and if anyone has successfully transferred after their first year.
xChee
hey guys, I am a high school student who recently graduated from high school. I am entering my first year of University at the University of Ottawa, doing a bachelor of science specializing in biochemistry. But, after first year I desperately want to transfer to U of T when entering second year of University and switch into the biochemistry program there(I like the fact that the degree you get is universally recognized and personal reasons too). I have read about transfer students and transfer credits; and just made a tiny tweak in my Ottawa U timetable, taking the courses that I would have taken if I were at U of T. My question is, how do I know that the courses I'm taking now at Ottawa University are eligible for transfer credits at the University of Toronto, so I have all my credits for first year, and letting me enter second year and taking those second year courses at the University of Toronto. For example how do I know that the life calculus 1 I'm taking at Ottawa U can be considered as a equivalent transfer credit as calculus 1 at the University of Toronto? Has anyone transferred to another post secondary education institute after first year?

Physics news on Phys.org
xChee, I would think that the first year curriculum in biochemistry should be fairly similar across the different schools in Ontario, but obviously I'm not really qualified to know for certain. My advice is for you to pose these questions to the registrar at University of Ottawa or the University of Toronto, or to the specific departments within both schools.

1. Can I transfer from OttawaU to the University of Toronto?

Yes, it is possible to transfer from OttawaU to the University of Toronto. However, admission is not guaranteed and is subject to the University of Toronto's transfer credit policies and availability of space in the desired program.

2. What is the transfer credit process like?

The transfer credit process involves submitting an application to the University of Toronto, along with official transcripts from OttawaU. The University of Toronto will then evaluate your transcripts and determine which credits can be transferred. It is important to note that not all credits may be transferable.

3. Will my GPA from OttawaU transfer to the University of Toronto?

No, your GPA from OttawaU will not transfer to the University of Toronto. The University of Toronto will calculate a separate GPA based on the courses taken at their institution.

4. Can I transfer from any program at OttawaU to the University of Toronto?

Yes, you can transfer from any program at OttawaU to the University of Toronto. However, admission is not guaranteed and you may need to meet specific program requirements for your desired program at the University of Toronto.

5. Are there any specific deadlines for transferring to the University of Toronto?

Yes, there are specific deadlines for transferring to the University of Toronto. The deadline for transfer applications is typically in mid-June for the fall semester and early February for the winter semester. It is important to check the University of Toronto's website for the exact deadlines and any updates.