Translational Equilibrium Practice problem

hraghav
Homework Statement
So I am basically stuck at one of the practice problems. The questions states that: A box of mass 𝑀=52.9kg is on a rough surface. It is being pulled by a force of magnitude 𝑇 at an angle of 𝜃=18.4 degrees with the horizontal. The box has a coefficient of static friction 𝜇=0.393 with the surface. What is the angle the force of friction makes with the positive x-axis and positive z-axis? What is the angle the normal force makes with the positive x-axis and positive z-axis?
Relevant Equations
So for frictional force angles I tried to do 180 - 18.4 = 161.6 degrees for x axis as frictional force is in the opposite direction of the force applied and z axis is 18.4. For normal force x axis I did 18.4 and z axis I did 90-18.4. But I got all of them wrong not sure what I am doing wrong. Could someone please help me with this. I have also attached a picture for the problem for reference. Thank you!
Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 7.23.08 PM.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Please show us what you actually did.

Thank you I did find my mistake, I was considering the force of rope vector for my calculations. which was not the right way. The correct answer for the frictional forces was 180 degree in x axis and 90 in the z axis and for normal force was 90 x axis and 0 in the z axis!