Troubleshooting ANSYS Mesher for Interior Part Views

Another suggestion is to use the slice tool to cut through the mesh and view the interior of the part that way. In summary, to fix the issue with viewing the interior of a part in ANSYS Mesher, try creating a local mesh refinement around the wing or using the slice tool to cut through the mesh.
mgpaul

Homework Statement

I have a part in my ANSYS Mesher that I am attempting to mesh

Homework Equations

I need to view the interior of my part as seen in the photo. However, each time I try to view my mesh this way, I get the view seen in the second image. I need to fix this issue so that I can see what is happening on the wing inside the fluid, but so far ANSYS has been unaccommodating.

Suggestions?

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• Pathfinder 1.JPG
    Pathfinder 1.JPG
    24.3 KB · Views: 463
  • Pathfinder 2.JPG
    Pathfinder 2.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 464
Physics news on Phys.org
One potential solution to this issue is to create a local mesh refinement around the wing. This can be done by selecting the wing surface in the meshing interface and then using the local size control options to refine the mesh around that surface. This will give you a more detailed view of what is happening inside the fluid near the wing. You may need to experiment with the size parameters until you get the desired effect. Additionally, you may need to increase the element size in order to ensure that the mesh is not too dense.

1. What is ANSYS Mesher face views?

ANSYS Mesher face views is a tool used in ANSYS software to create and manipulate 2D and 3D models for simulation and analysis. It allows users to view and modify the faces of a model, which are the boundaries of the model's geometry.

2. How do I access ANSYS Mesher face views?

To access ANSYS Mesher face views, first open your ANSYS project. Then, go to the Meshing tab and click on the Face Meshing icon. This will open the ANSYS Mesher face views tool.

3. What can I do with ANSYS Mesher face views?

With ANSYS Mesher face views, you can perform a variety of tasks such as creating and deleting faces, merging and splitting faces, and changing the size and shape of faces. You can also use it to apply boundary conditions and mesh controls to specific faces of your model.

4. How do I select specific faces in ANSYS Mesher face views?

To select specific faces in ANSYS Mesher face views, click on the Select Faces icon in the toolbar. Then, click on the faces you want to select in the graphics window. You can also use the Select Options menu to specify certain criteria for selecting faces, such as face type or size.

5. Can I use ANSYS Mesher face views for 2D and 3D models?

Yes, ANSYS Mesher face views can be used for both 2D and 3D models. However, the specific features and options may vary slightly between the two. It is important to note that ANSYS Mesher face views is primarily used for meshing 3D models, while the ANSYS Meshing application is used for creating meshes for both 2D and 3D models.