Trying to find old story: radio waves = angels carrying messages

In summary, the story about radio waves being angels carrying messages has been passed down through various cultures and is believed to have originated from ancient civilizations. However, there is no scientific evidence to support this idea, as radio waves can be explained and measured through scientific principles. The comparison between radio waves and angels is often used to convey their mysterious nature and make the concept more relatable to non-scientists. This story has not influenced any scientific research or discoveries, but has been used as a metaphor in literature and art. Modern science explains radio waves as a form of electromagnetic radiation that travels through space and can be utilized for communication and other purposes through technology.
Steve4Physics
Homework Helper
Gold Member
I wonder if anyone could help me identify a short story I read back in the 1960s. It might have been in an old (1950s) copy of Astounding Science Fiction magazine.

I think the story involved a sea journey but the main thing I recall is that that radio wave communications was interpreted as angels carrying messages.`

Physics news on Phys.org
jedishrfu said:
The closest I can think to this story is the 1950's movie "The Next Voice You Hear"

https://screenrant.com/next-voice-hear-movie-god-talking-radio/
Thanks @jedishrfu . Unfortunately, that's not the story I had in mind. But I found it meanwhile.

[Moderator's note: edited due to copyright issues.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Steve4Physics said:
Thanks @jedishrfu . Unfortunately, that's not the story I had in mind. But I found it meanwhile.

[Moderator's note: edited due to copyright issues.]
Care to share? I'm interested!

Search for The Next Voice You Hear with google. There are snippets of scenes available on youtube.

and youtube has a version you can buy or rent.

I think its a good time to close this thread as no one has come forward with what the OP was looking for.

1. What is the old story about radio waves and angels carrying messages?

The old story refers to a belief that radio waves are actually messages being carried by angels, as opposed to being a form of electromagnetic radiation used for communication and broadcasting.

2. Is there any scientific evidence to support this belief?

No, there is no scientific evidence to support the idea that radio waves are carried by angels. This belief is not supported by any scientific theories or experiments.

3. Where did this belief originate from?

This belief likely originated from a lack of understanding about radio waves and how they work. In the past, people may have attributed unknown phenomena to supernatural or spiritual forces.

4. How does science explain radio waves?

Radio waves are a form of electromagnetic radiation, which is a type of energy that travels through space at the speed of light. They are used for communication and broadcasting by converting sound or data into electrical signals that can be transmitted through the air or through cables.

5. Is it possible for angels to carry messages through radio waves?

No, it is not possible for angels or any other supernatural beings to carry messages through radio waves. This belief is not supported by any scientific evidence and goes against our current understanding of physics and communication technology.