Tungsten Permittivity: Properties & Values

In summary, the conversation is about the Tungsten permittivity, a measure of how an electric field affects and is affected by a dielectric medium. The person is looking for information on this feature but has been unsuccessful in finding it on Wikipedia and other sources. The other person mentions that tungsten is a conductor and questions why they are looking for its permittivity. They also provide a source for more information on the topic.
Ksitov
Good evening,

So... I am looking for the Tungsten permettivity and i don't find this feature...

I have searched on Wikipedia, some material data but i don't find...

Do you know what is the Tungsten permettivity?

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Is not permittivity a dielectric phenomena? Permittivity is a measure of how an electric field affects, and is affected by, a dielectric medium.

Ksitov said:
Good evening,

So... I am looking for the Tungsten permettivity and i don't find this feature...

I have searched on Wikipedia, some material data but i don't find...

Do you know what is the Tungsten permettivity?

Thanks.

As Doug says, tungsten is a conductor. Why are you looking for its permittivity?

What is tungsten permittivity?

Tungsten permittivity refers to the ability of tungsten, a chemical element with the symbol W, to store and transmit an electric charge. It is a measure of how well tungsten can resist the passage of an electric field through it.

What are the properties of tungsten permittivity?

The properties of tungsten permittivity include a high melting point of 3,422°C, high density of 19.25 g/cm3, and a low coefficient of thermal expansion. It also has a high Young's modulus, making it one of the strongest elements known.

What is the value of tungsten permittivity?

The value of tungsten permittivity is 1.25 x 10^-11 Farads per meter (F/m) at room temperature. This value is relatively low compared to other metals, which makes tungsten a poor conductor of electricity.

How does tungsten permittivity affect its use in electronic devices?

Due to its low permittivity, tungsten is often used as a dielectric material in electronic devices. It can insulate and protect electronic components from electrical interference, while also providing stability and durability due to its high melting point and strength.

Can the permittivity of tungsten be modified?

Yes, the permittivity of tungsten can be modified by adding impurities or alloys to the material. This can change its electrical properties, making it more or less conductive, and thus altering its suitability for different applications.