Tutorials for Objective C and techniques for learning

• Thread starter Crushgear64
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Tutorials
In summary, Objective C is a programming language used for developing applications for Apple's iOS and macOS operating systems. It is an object-oriented language based on C. Learning Objective C is essential for those interested in developing applications for these platforms and can also be beneficial for general programming knowledge. Techniques for learning include finding tutorials, practicing code, and studying from experienced developers. Resources for learning include Apple's official documentation, online tutorials and courses, and books such as "Programming in Objective-C" by Stephen G. Kochan. The time it takes to learn Objective C can vary, but with consistent practice and dedication, one can become proficient within a few months.
Crushgear64
I have done some basic C++, like making small games in the command prompt and I was looking at developing iOs apps in Xcode but I can't seem to find any tutorials that continue past the absolute basics and the apple tutorials do not seem to help at all. I was wondering if anyone knew good set of tutorials, and also knew some good techniques to learn?

Technology news on Phys.org

1. What is Objective C?

Objective C is a programming language commonly used for developing applications for Apple's iOS and macOS operating systems. It is an object-oriented language that is based on the C programming language.

2. Why should I learn Objective C?

If you are interested in developing applications for iOS or macOS, learning Objective C is essential as it is the primary language used for these platforms. It is also a good language to learn for general programming knowledge and understanding object-oriented concepts.

3. What are some techniques for learning Objective C?

Some techniques for learning Objective C include finding a good tutorial or online course, practicing writing code, and studying code written by experienced developers. It is also helpful to familiarize yourself with the syntax and conventions of the language.

4. Are there any resources for learning Objective C?

Yes, there are many resources available for learning Objective C. Some popular ones include Apple's official documentation, online tutorials and courses, and books such as "Programming in Objective-C" by Stephen G. Kochan.

5. How long does it take to learn Objective C?

The time it takes to learn Objective C can vary depending on your level of experience and dedication. However, with consistent practice and dedication, it is possible to become proficient in Objective C within a few months.