Two link planar robot elbow errors in textbook (Inverse kinematics)

• Thread starter Ineedhelpwithphysics
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Robot
Ineedhelpwithphysics
Homework Statement
The textbook is telling me this is elbow up but when I search on the internet it shows me something else.
Relevant Equations
law of cosines, law of sines, Pythagorean theorem
Textbook: vvvvv
1696949125870.png

Online: VVVV
1696949162406.png

Physics news on Phys.org
Which one is right?

Ineedhelpwithphysics said:
Which one is right?
Could you explain your question a little more?
What force is animating this mechanism?

This is strictly a matter of how these terms are defined by the text. The angles must correspond to the definitions provided. Possibly the book screwed it up: the illustrations and text are often done by different groups of people..This is why coordinate systems should be indicated explicitly..

Last edited:

1. What are common errors in textbook examples of two link planar robot elbow inverse kinematics?

Common errors in textbook examples of two link planar robot elbow inverse kinematics include incorrect calculation of joint angles, neglecting to consider joint limits or singularities, overlooking the effects of link lengths and offsets, and failing to account for end-effector orientation.

2. How can I avoid errors when solving two link planar robot elbow inverse kinematics problems?

To avoid errors when solving two link planar robot elbow inverse kinematics problems, double-check all calculations, consider the physical constraints of the robot such as joint limits and singularities, verify the effects of link lengths and offsets on the solution, and ensure that the end-effector orientation is taken into account.

3. What are the consequences of errors in two link planar robot elbow inverse kinematics calculations?

The consequences of errors in two link planar robot elbow inverse kinematics calculations can include inaccurate robot arm movements, collisions with obstacles or itself, inefficient path planning, and potential damage to the robot or its surroundings.

4. Are there any tools or software available to help with two link planar robot elbow inverse kinematics calculations?

Yes, there are various software packages and tools available that can assist with two link planar robot elbow inverse kinematics calculations, such as MATLAB Robotics Toolbox, ROS (Robot Operating System), and online calculators and simulators.

5. How can I improve my understanding of two link planar robot elbow inverse kinematics concepts?

To improve your understanding of two link planar robot elbow inverse kinematics concepts, practice solving different problems, study the underlying mathematical principles, experiment with different robot configurations, and seek guidance from textbooks, online resources, and experienced professionals in the field of robotics.