Two observers viewed from different sources

In summary, the conversation discusses the construction of a translated Lorentz transformation at t = 0, t' = -22.5 and x'(x = 0) = 67.5, with the question of whether t' = t = 90/c being raised. The need for a diagram to clarify the locations of A and B relative to the common origin is mentioned, and the regular Lorentz transformation is suggested as a possible solution with the condition that t = t' = 0 at the origin.
HakemHa
Homework Statement
Here is a question from "Introduction to Special Relativity Ch2, Robert Resnick" that got me confused:
 "Two observers in the S frame, A and B are separated by a distance of 60m. Let S' move at a speed of 3/5c, relative to S, the origins of the two systems O' and O, being coincident at t′=t=90/c.
 The S' frame has two observers, one at A' and one at a point B' such that, according to clocks in the S frame, A' is opposite A at the same time that B' is opposite B:

a) What is the reading on the clock of B' when B' is opposite B?

  b)The system S' continues moving until A' is opposite B. What is the reading on the clock of B   when he is opposite A'?

  c)What is the reading on the clock of A' when he is opposite B'?
Relevant Equations
Lorentz transform
I builded the translated lorentz transform, at t=0 t'=-22.5 and x'(x=0)=67.5 after that I just didn't the question

Physics news on Phys.org
:welcome:

I think you need a diagram for the S frame. Does it say where A and B are relative to the common origin?

Also, are you sure that ##t' = t = 90/c## is corrrect?

PeroK said:
:welcome:

I think you need a diagram for the S frame. Does it say where A and B are relative to the common origin?

Also, are you sure that ##t' = t = 90/c## is corrrect?
A is in the origin I think

HakemHa said:
A is in the origin I think
Okay, do you have a diagram? I'm still not sure what ##t' = t = 90/c## means. What's your plan for dealing with that? Normally we have ##t = t' = 0## at the common origin.

PeroK said:
Okay, do you have a diagram? I'm still not sure what ##t' = t = 90/c## means. What's your plan for dealing with that? Normally we have ##t = t' = 0## at the common origin.
I mean I just wrote the regular lorentz transform ## \vec X' = \Lambda \vec X + (67.5, -22.5) for \vec X = (x, t)## such that the origins intersect at t=t'=90/c

HakemHa said:
I mean I just wrote the regular lorentz transform ## \vec X' = \Lambda \vec X + (67.5, -22.5) for \vec X = (x, t)## such that the origins intersect at t=t'=90/c
The Lorentz transformation demands that ##t= t' = 0## at the origin.

I'm offline for a bit. I suggest you post your answers.

1. What is the concept of "Two observers viewed from different sources"?

The concept refers to the idea that two individuals are observing the same event or object from different sources or perspectives.

2. Why is it important to consider multiple observers in scientific research?

Including multiple observers allows for a more comprehensive understanding of the event or object being observed. It also helps to minimize bias and increase the reliability of the results.

3. How do you ensure accuracy when using multiple observers?

To ensure accuracy, it is important to have clear and specific instructions for each observer, as well as a standardized method for recording and analyzing data. Regular training and calibration sessions can also help to maintain consistency among observers.

4. Can differences in observers' perspectives affect the results of a study?

Yes, differences in observers' perspectives can potentially impact the results of a study. This is why it is important to consider and address any potential biases or variations among observers.

5. Are there any limitations to using multiple observers in scientific research?

While using multiple observers can provide valuable insights, it can also be time-consuming and costly. Additionally, it may not always be feasible or practical to have multiple observers for every study. Therefore, researchers must carefully consider the benefits and limitations before deciding to use multiple observers in their research.