Ultrasonic Frequencies: Harassment or Something Else?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using two ultrasonic frequencies, one with sound modulation, in order to recreate the original sound at a specific point. The speaker believes that someone may be using this technique to harass them, as they have been experiencing strange sounds that seem to move closer to them and affect their emotions. The speaker also mentions the possibility of the sound being embedded with a subliminal suggestion. They ask for help in figuring out the cause of these experiences, but the respondent suggests that they get their ears checked as a possible explanation.
lauren10
I understand it's possible to cross two ultrasonic frequencies one with sound modulating in it possibly in ssb format to recreate the original sound at the point the two cross. I think someone is using this trick to harass me. The sound appeared to be on the other side of a party wall at first, then it seemed to be directed at fixed points in my home (I was able to record it at first so it was sound not psychosis) Then it got a lot closer to me. It seems to dominate my hearing like someone shouting in my ear. This is where it gets weirder. I suspect it may be embedded with something else - a subliminal suggestion? It seems to me my emotions are being affected (possibly my perception too). I feel childlike/ passive and my skin stings for no reason. I am not psychotic - I'm a mental health professional so hopefully I know the difference - but something is going on and it must have an explanation. Can anyone help me figure this out please?

Physics news on Phys.org
I would suggest you get your ears checked. Your ears can do funny things, even if you only have a common ear infection.

Related to Ultrasonic Frequencies: Harassment or Something Else?

1. What are ultrasonic frequencies?

Ultrasonic frequencies are sound waves that have a frequency higher than the human hearing range, typically above 20,000 Hz.

2. Can ultrasonic frequencies be used for harassment?

While ultrasonic frequencies can be used for various purposes, including communication and medical imaging, there have been reports of them being used for harassment. However, there is limited scientific evidence to support this claim.

3. How can ultrasonic frequencies be used for harassment?

Ultrasonic frequencies can be emitted through various devices such as speakers, generators, and smartphones. They can be used to cause discomfort, anxiety, and other physical symptoms in humans and animals.

4. Are ultrasonic frequencies harmful to humans?

There is currently no evidence to suggest that ultrasonic frequencies are harmful to humans at low levels. However, exposure to high levels of ultrasonic frequencies can cause hearing damage and other health issues.

5. What can be done to protect against ultrasonic harassment?

If you suspect you are being targeted with ultrasonic harassment, you can try using noise-canceling headphones or white noise machines to block out the frequencies. It is also important to report any incidents to the appropriate authorities for further investigation.