Undergrad Programs in Physics (in English) in Europe or Asia

In summary: I could not find any information about it on the website or any other websites.In Germany: University of Heidelberg University of Leipzig Goethe University Frankfurt
brady maxwell
Hi all,
I am recently retired and would like to study Physics or Astronomy. I live on a military pension so the US is not going to happen. Tuition is just too expensive at American schools.

I am looking for universities that have Physics or Astronomy Bachelor's programs taught in English. Preferably with tuition under $4k per year and reasonable living expenses in the area. I am already aware of Leipzig and will be applying for that program.

I have tried google searches but sites like bachelor portal either miss many schools or have false positives. In the long run I would like to continue to grad school and work in research of some kind. I plan to volunteer my time to research as I do not really need an income. or maybe I will just keep going to school until I can't anymore.

Learning is way better than working if you can afford it. So any advice on what programs are out there would be great. Also i have found a couple of programs in Poland and 1 in Romania but get no response to email inquires. Is it possible some of these programs are fake? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
So far I have found 3 in Germany.
University of Heidelberg
University of Leipzig
Goethe University Frankfurt

I myself am very interested in this. Can you tell me about those universities that you found in Poland which offered a BSc Physics program in English, and also tell whether you have found anything else? I would appreciate it very much.

Do you have a European passport? Often makes a 10factor difference on how much tuition you pay.

these are the polish programs i found. although i am not sure any of them are real. I live in Latvia but have a US passport. I found in Latvia some universities report they have a Physics program in english but they do not really. They are just trying to attract international students. so these polish schools might be doing the same thing. As for the passport issue and tuition costs, that is only the western European countries and Sweden. In Sweden its free if your from EU but 20k a semester if you are not. UK tuition is double for international students. But I have found in eastern europe that the price is ussually the same for both. Germany, Norway, Finland and a couple others have free tuition for everyone.
  • http://www.bachelorsportal.eu/universities/13611/university-of-gdansk.html Physics in English
  • http://www.bachelorsportal.eu/universities/11784/kazimierz-wielki-university-bydgoszcz.html Physics in English
  • http://www.bachelorsportal.eu/universities/807/warsaw-university-of-technology.html Photonics Engineering in English
  • http://www.bachelorsportal.eu/universities/294/university-of-wroclaw.html has a chemistry BS in English
In romania:
University of Bucharest website claims to have an english physics program.

Likes Logical Dog

What are the top universities for physics undergrad programs in Europe?

Some of the top universities for physics undergraduate programs in Europe include ETH Zurich in Switzerland, University of Cambridge in the UK, Technical University of Munich in Germany, and Ecole Polytechnique in France.

What are the admission requirements for physics undergrad programs in Asia?

Admission requirements for physics undergraduate programs in Asia vary by country and university. Generally, students are required to have a strong background in mathematics, physics, and other related sciences. They may also need to submit standardized test scores and demonstrate proficiency in English.

Are there any scholarships available for international students studying physics in Europe?

Yes, there are several scholarships available for international students studying physics in Europe. Some universities offer their own scholarships, while others may have partnerships with external organizations that provide funding for international students.

What is the average duration of a physics undergrad program in Asia?

The average duration of a physics undergraduate program in Asia is typically 3-4 years, depending on the country and university. Some programs may also offer the option for students to take an additional year to complete a research project or internship.

What career opportunities are available for graduates of physics undergrad programs in Europe or Asia?

Graduates of physics undergraduate programs in Europe or Asia have a wide range of career opportunities available to them. They can pursue careers in research, education, engineering, data analysis, and many other fields. Some may also choose to continue their education and pursue a graduate degree in physics or a related field.