Understanding Stefan Boltzmann Law: Derivation and Simulation Guide

In summary, the conversation discusses the creation of a simulation for Stefan Boltzmann law, which calculates its constant. The law is represented by the equation R = e*sigma*T^4 and is used to determine the rate of net heat transfer, which is expressed as ΔQ/Δt = m*c*dT/dt. The conversation then goes on to explain the derivation of another equation, ΔQ/Δt = sigma*A*(T h^4 - T d^4), which uses the area of a black body disc. The individual is seeking clarification on how this equation is derived and provides a resource for further understanding.
Samir Aliyev
Hello, everyone, I was looking at this video () and I need to make a simulation for Stefan Boltzmann law calculating its constant. I didn't understand few things.
In the video, it shows that Stefan Boltzmann law is R = e*sigma*T^4vand then says that rate of net heat transferred
ΔQ/Δt = m*c*dT/dt then it derives this equation: ΔQ/Δt = sigma*A*(T h^4 - T d^4)
where A is the area of the black body disc. I understood every part except this. I just can't understand how did she derive this equation from the other 2 equations. Please tell me it I am misunderstanding anything. Any help will be appreciated

Physics news on Phys.org

1. What is the Stefan Boltzmann Law?

The Stefan Boltzmann Law is a physical law that describes the relationship between the temperature and the total energy radiated by a blackbody. It states that the total energy emitted (also known as radiative flux) is proportional to the fourth power of the temperature.

2. How is the Stefan Boltzmann Law derived?

The Stefan Boltzmann Law can be derived from the Planck's law of blackbody radiation and the laws of thermodynamics. It involves complex mathematical equations and calculations that take into account the spectral distribution of energy and the properties of a blackbody.

3. What is the significance of the Stefan Boltzmann Law?

The Stefan Boltzmann Law is an important tool in understanding the behavior of thermal radiation and the temperature of objects in the universe. It is also used in various fields such as astrophysics, climate science, and engineering to calculate and predict energy emissions.

4. Can the Stefan Boltzmann Law be simulated?

Yes, the Stefan Boltzmann Law can be simulated using computer programs or mathematical models. These simulations can help in visualizing and understanding how the law works and how different factors such as temperature and emissivity affect the radiative flux.

5. Are there any limitations to the Stefan Boltzmann Law?

The Stefan Boltzmann Law is based on ideal conditions and assumes that the object is a perfect blackbody with uniform temperature. In reality, no object can perfectly emit or absorb radiation, and the temperature of objects can vary across its surface. Therefore, the law has limitations and may not accurately predict the behavior of real-world objects.