Understanding the Element Potential Method for Chemical Equilibrium Analysis

• Thread starter Saladsamurai
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Combustion
In summary, Casey is currently working through the paper "The Element Potential Method For Chemical Equilibrium Analysis: Implementation In The Interactive Program STANJAN" by W.C. Reynolds. They are seeking help with some conceptual roadblocks and are open to receiving assistance from anyone familiar with the paper or the method of element potentials. They will post their specific questions once they know someone is available to help.
Saladsamurai
I am currently working my way through the paper by W.C. Reynolds "The Element Potential Method For Chemical Equilibrium Analysis: Implementation In The Interactive Program STANJAN."

I am working on the basic maths at this point and have a few questions. Is there anyone here that is either familiar with the paper or the method of element potentials that could answer a few questions for me?

I figured I would throw this out there before I go ahead and start typing away. If anyone is willing to help out with a few conceptual road blocks that I am having, please respond to this, so that I know you are out there and I will post back with my question(s).

Thanks,
Casey

Engineering news on Phys.org
I haven't used STANJAN but I've used programs similar to it. What problems are you having?

Related to Understanding the Element Potential Method for Chemical Equilibrium Analysis

1. What is "Where my Combustion folks at?"

"Where my Combustion folks at?" is a phrase that originated from a popular rap song and has become a colloquial saying among a community of scientists and engineers who work on combustion-related research and technology.

2. Who are the "Combustion folks"?

The "Combustion folks" refer to individuals who work in the field of combustion, which is the study of the chemical reactions and energy release that occur when a substance is burned. This includes scientists, engineers, and researchers from various disciplines such as chemistry, physics, and mechanical engineering.

3. Why do people ask "Where my Combustion folks at?"

The phrase is often used as a way to connect and identify with others who share a common interest and passion for combustion science and technology. It is also used as a playful and casual way to check if anyone else in a group or community is involved in combustion-related work.

4. Is "Where my Combustion folks at?" only used in a scientific context?

No, the phrase has become popular in various online communities, especially on social media platforms, and is often used as a way to express camaraderie and connection with others who share a common interest or identity.

5. Are there any other phrases similar to "Where my Combustion folks at?"

Yes, there are similar phrases used in other scientific and technical fields, such as "Where my coding folks at?" in the computer science community and "Where my bio folks at?" in the biology community. These phrases serve as a way to identify and connect with others who share a common profession or interest.