Unit conversion litres to gallons or vice versa

In summary, the conversation is about finding the number of bottles of magnum that can fit in 1 bottle of boream, given the volume of each. The conversation also mentions the conversion between litres and gallons, with 1 US gallon equal to 3.78541178 litres. The person is unable to provide a full answer but appreciates the assistance given.
1irishman

Homework Statement

One bottle of magnum contains a volume of 1.5litres. 1 bottle of boream contains a volume of 0.792 us gallons. How many bottles of magnum will fit in 1 bottle of boream?

Homework Equations

litres to galons
galons to litres

The Attempt at a Solution

Uh...i've honestly gone blank here on this one...

Physics news on Phys.org
1 US gallon = 3.78541178 liter

I can't give you full answer or else I'll get infraction sorry.

no problem, thank you...for some reason in the textbook it had the volume in cubic ft...i could not find a liter value like the one you showed me here...anyway...i'm sure what you have provided will help me a lot. thank you :-)

Related to Unit conversion litres to gallons or vice versa

1. How do I convert litres to gallons?

To convert litres to gallons, you can use the conversion factor of 1 litre = 0.264172 gallons. Simply multiply the number of litres by 0.264172 to get the equivalent amount in gallons.

2. How do I convert gallons to litres?

To convert gallons to litres, you can use the conversion factor of 1 gallon = 3.78541 litres. Simply multiply the number of gallons by 3.78541 to get the equivalent amount in litres.

3. What is the difference between US gallons and UK gallons?

US gallons and UK gallons are two different units of measurement for volume. US gallons are slightly smaller than UK gallons, with 1 US gallon being equal to 0.832674 UK gallons.

4. Can I convert litres to gallons using an online calculator?

Yes, there are many online conversion calculators available that can convert litres to gallons and vice versa. However, it is always a good idea to double check the answer using a different calculator or by doing the conversion manually.

5. Why do we need to convert between litres and gallons?

Converting between litres and gallons allows us to compare and measure volumes in different units. This is especially useful when working with international measurements or when using equipment that measures volume in a different unit than what is commonly used in your region.