Universe Splitter iPhone App: Randomly Split Universe?

• Thread starter dilletante
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universe
In summary, There is a new app for iPhone called "Universe Splitter" that conducts a quantum experiment each time it is used. This app is mentioned on a blog defending the many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics. While it may not actually split the universe, it allows users to make random decisions using quantum effects. The app does not allow universes to contact each other and its creator is not responsible for user's actions. It is a neat app that uses true quantum random number servers.
dilletante
I stumbled across this app for iPhone which may appeal to those favoring the many-worlds interpretation of QM:

http://aerfish.com/UniverseSplitter/index.html

I thought it was cool that an app can actually run a quantum experiment each time you use it. I saw mention of it on a Sean Carroll blog defending EQM.

While it may or may not split the universe, it would seem to allow you to make a completely random decision. And I can't think of many examples where quantum effects can noticeably influence daily life.

Makes me wish I had an iPhone but unfortunately I have Android.

Likes Czcibor
Space news on Phys.org
I some how doubt that the app actually talks to a lab. More likely just generates a pesudo-random number :)
Still a neat app.

*According to prevailing quantum theory. Universes cannot contact each other. Not responsible for user's actions. ©Copyright 2009 Eric Daniels - All Rights Reserved

PT Barnum one said "A fool and money are soon parted"

cpscdave said:
I some how doubt that the app actually talks to a lab. More likely just generates a pesudo-random number :)
Still a neat app.

I don't know about this particular app, but there are true (quantum) random number servers available. E.g. https://qrng.anu.edu.au/

Likes dlgoff

Related to Universe Splitter iPhone App: Randomly Split Universe?

1. What is the "Universe Splitter" iPhone app and how does it work?

The "Universe Splitter" iPhone app is a simulation game that randomly splits the universe into different parallel universes. It uses a complex algorithm to generate random outcomes and presents them to the user in a fun and interactive way.

2. Is the "Universe Splitter" app based on actual scientific theories or is it just a game?

While the concept of parallel universes is a popular topic in science fiction, there is currently no scientific evidence to support its existence. The "Universe Splitter" app is purely a game and should not be taken as a representation of any scientific theory.

3. Can the "Universe Splitter" app predict the future based on the outcomes of the parallel universes?

No, the "Universe Splitter" app is purely based on random outcomes and cannot predict the future. It is simply a fun and entertaining simulation game.

4. Is there a limit to the number of parallel universes that can be generated by the "Universe Splitter" app?

Theoretically, there is no limit to the number of parallel universes that can be generated. However, the app may have a limit for practical purposes, such as storage space on your device.

5. Can the "Universe Splitter" app be used for scientific research?

No, the "Universe Splitter" app should not be used for any scientific research as it is not based on any proven scientific theories and is purely for entertainment purposes.