Universität Leipzig - Mechanical Engineering

In summary: What could you recommend about application and enrollment?You should contact uni-assist and the university directly to get more information.
amelune
Hello everyone,

This year I'm planning to apply for the bachelor program of IPSP. Since my high school is not qualified by DAAD, I have to complete at least one year in any other university and apply through uni-assist. I'm already in my second undergraduate year of Mechanical Engineering and planning to apply soon. So I have some questions about the application process:

0) Will it be hard to get into IPSP from Mechanical Engineering program?

1) How do you think, why does uni-assist ask for university grades? Why?

2) Does Leipzig university care about your university grades? Even though, on the website of IPSP, they are asking only high school grades.

3) What are the main criteria to get into Leipzig university?

4) What could increase the chance of being approved?

5) I've heard that Leipzig is a quite conservative and racist place. To what extent, it's true and not? Does it affect university life?

6) What could you recommend about application and enrollment?
Thank you in advance for any help you can provide :3

Physics news on Phys.org
Most of these questions you'll have to ask uni-assist and the university. In general bachelor programs have very loose admission criteria.

If you want to use your university courses to demonstrate your knowledge then uni-assist will ask for grades you obtained there.
The University of Leipzig will have most of their applicants coming directly from high school. The websites rarely cover corner cases, but you can send them a mail and ask how to proceed in your case.
amelune said:
4) What could increase the chance of being approved?
Everything that might be in your CV. Maybe. You didn't give us much information.
amelune said:
5) I've heard that Leipzig is a quite conservative and racist place. To what extent, it's true and not? Does it affect university life?
Compared to the rest of Germany maybe, but it shouldn't be a problem, especially not at the university.

Likes amelune
Thank you so much for the answers!
But, what do you mean by "everything in CV"? For example, IELTS or SAT score, high school grades, internship or what?

All that, science competitions, other science-related activities outside school, whatever might be useful.

1. What is the admission process for the Mechanical Engineering program at Universität Leipzig?

The admission process for the Mechanical Engineering program at Universität Leipzig involves submitting an online application, meeting the academic requirements, and passing an entrance exam or interview. International students may also need to provide additional documents, such as language proficiency test results and a visa. For more detailed information, it is best to check the university's website or contact the admissions office.

2. What courses are included in the Mechanical Engineering curriculum at Universität Leipzig?

The Mechanical Engineering curriculum at Universität Leipzig covers a broad range of topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, materials science, and computer-aided design. Students will also have the opportunity to specialize in areas such as automotive engineering, energy technology, or production engineering. The curriculum may vary slightly depending on the student's chosen specialization and electives.

3. Are there any research opportunities for Mechanical Engineering students at Universität Leipzig?

Yes, there are research opportunities available for Mechanical Engineering students at Universität Leipzig. The university has several research institutes and collaborations with industry partners, providing students with hands-on experience in cutting-edge research projects. Students can also participate in research projects through internships or as part of their thesis work.

4. What career prospects are available for graduates of the Mechanical Engineering program at Universität Leipzig?

Graduates of the Mechanical Engineering program at Universität Leipzig have a wide range of career opportunities in various industries, such as automotive, aerospace, energy, and manufacturing. They can work as design engineers, project managers, research and development engineers, or consultants. The university also has a career service center that helps students with job placement and career development.

5. Is there a chance to study abroad during the Mechanical Engineering program at Universität Leipzig?

Yes, there are opportunities to study abroad during the Mechanical Engineering program at Universität Leipzig. The university has partnerships with various universities around the world, allowing students to spend a semester or year abroad. There are also international exchange programs and summer schools available for students to gain international experience and broaden their skills and knowledge.