The Mysteries of Supersymmetry: A Comprehensive Thesis Guide

In summary: As I tell my students, these theories are here to stay.In summary, the conversation is about a person looking for help with their thesis in supersymmetry. They are advised to ask specific questions and use online resources, such as Warren Siegel's page and the arXiv, for information. There is also a discussion about the validity and practical use of theories like special relativity and quantum mechanics.
shakeel
i am writting a thesis in supersymmetry if someone help me please

Physics news on Phys.org
shakeel said:
i am writting a thesis in supersymmetry if someone help me please

Shakeel,

The best way to get a question answered is to ask one. No one here knows what you need to know about or don't understand. The more specific the question the more likely you will be to get an answer. I hope you don't think I am being mean, I just want you to understand that most likely you will not see a lot of people rushing to answer your un-asked questions. I don't know much about supersymmetry, or why we need it, but simply asking for "help" (with what?) will not get you anywhere.
good luck,
Norm

Norman said:
Shakeel,

The best way to get a question answered is to ask one. No one here knows what you need to know about or don't understand. The more specific the question the more likely you will be to get an answer. I hope you don't think I am being mean, I just want you to understand that most likely you will not see a lot of people rushing to answer your un-asked questions. I don't know much about supersymmetry, or why we need it, but simply asking for "help" (with what?) will not get you anywhere.
good luck,
Norm[/QUOTE
actualy i want some helping material like papers on net because in pakistan there is not much books on this topic espacially and i can not aford to by books do to poor financial conditions.Iam a pakistani student keep in mind please thank you

There is a very good place to check on the net if you are a physicist :

Warren Siegel's home page

You will find here a huge course entitled "Fields", another one on string field theory, and for your concern, the Superspace is also available. Note that whenever you are tired, you can also check a small but unforgetable article, named Stuperspace.

Shakeel, should I say you are a lazy researcher!
I have done a lot of work using the net as a main source of information about SUSY and I have done a lot of search and could find fortunes.
Please give urself a chance and do search, the nat has a lot and you can use it all.
And yes, as norman said, ask a specific question.
And not to waste ur time, here is a link

xxx.lanl.gov

it is called the arXiv.

Max

Last edited:
Neat link, humanino. I have bookmarked it and will continue reading it soon.

One of the things Siegel says, which should be read by all P.F. members before they start a thread on why their own ideas on relativity or quantum theory are superior, is:

"I have proven that special relativity/quantum mechanics is wrong."
You mean you did an experiment whose results disagree with the predictions of that theory? I didn't think so. You mean you proved it is self-contradictory? Not possible: Mathematically it's an elementary system, whose consistency is easy to check. You might as well claim that you can prove 2+2=5. (If you think you can do that, I'm willing to give you $2+$2 change for a $5 bill.) If you think you have found an inconsistency, you have probably made an assumption that is not implied by the theory. The fact is that these theories are not only well confirmed by experiment, but practical use is made of them every single day.

Related to The Mysteries of Supersymmetry: A Comprehensive Thesis Guide

1. What is supersymmetry?

Supersymmetry is a theoretical framework in particle physics that suggests the existence of a symmetry between particles with integer spin (known as bosons) and particles with half-integer spin (known as fermions). This symmetry could help explain certain unresolved problems in the Standard Model of particle physics, such as the hierarchy problem and the nature of dark matter.

2. How does supersymmetry relate to the Standard Model?

Supersymmetry is considered to be an extension of the Standard Model, as it introduces new particles that could potentially solve some of the issues with the existing model. These new particles are known as superpartners, and they have the same properties as their corresponding particles in the Standard Model, but with different spin. For example, the superpartner of an electron (a fermion) would be a selectron (a boson).

3. What are the potential implications of discovering supersymmetry?

If supersymmetry is confirmed through experimental evidence, it would have significant implications for our understanding of the universe and the fundamental laws of nature. It could provide a better understanding of the hierarchy of particle masses, help explain the origin of dark matter, and potentially lead to the unification of the four fundamental forces of nature.

4. How do scientists search for evidence of supersymmetry?

Scientists search for evidence of supersymmetry through high-energy particle colliders, such as the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at CERN. These colliders accelerate particles to extremely high speeds and collide them, allowing researchers to observe the resulting particles and their properties. The existence of superpartners would be indicated by the detection of new particles and their properties.

5. What are some of the challenges in studying supersymmetry?

One of the main challenges in studying supersymmetry is that the superpartners are expected to be much more massive than their corresponding particles in the Standard Model. This means that they require a lot of energy to be produced and observed, making it difficult to confirm their existence. Additionally, the exact nature of supersymmetry and how it manifests in the universe is still not fully understood, making it a complex and ongoing area of research.