Upgrade to Gold Membership on PhysicsForums.com

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
The upgrade link is in the "My PF" drop down. Here is the link:
https://www.physicsforums.com/account/upgrades

Right now the benefits are:
Recognition badge, profile posting, 24/7 chat, watch tags, 24h edit window, signature, hide online status, good feeling of the donation

I'll be working to add to that list. Thanks to everyone who has and who is planning to support PF!

Last edited:
Likes DataGG, Matterwave and StevieTNZ
Physics news on Phys.org
Aren't you missing the "No ads"? I really have no idea if PF uses ads, as I use an adblock extension (ads = malware). But it used to have ads, so I doubt you removed them in PF 4.0?

Will gold members still see ads?

EDIT: Also, something you might want to do is make the recognition badge thingie a link to buy PF-gold.

Last edited:
Likes Greg Bernhardt
DataGG said:
Will gold members still see ads?
No members see ads :)

Likes DataGG
How about granting gold members the ability to post on locked threads in order to comment on unresolved issues that they might see or to further explain ambiguities that may have been left in the original discussion so that future viewers of the thread can have those questions answered without having to start a new thread.

Likes Danger and Greg Bernhardt
11BPhysicist said:
How about granting gold members the ability to post on locked threads in order to comment on unresolved issues that they might see or to further explain ambiguities that may have been left in the original discussion so that future viewers of the thread can have those questions answered without having to start a new thread.
I thought the procedure for posting to a locked thread was to petition a mint or... (darned voice recognition, I said mentor)... letting the mentor know what the valuable information is you wish to add, that way if the information you wish to add is valuable, then it can be added.(!

11BPhysicist said:
It would depend, most threads that are locked are locked because the thread was in violation of our rules. Old threads that were locked due to age, also have the problem that the discussion may no longer meet the current rules.

Modulo2pi said:
I thought the procedure for posting to a locked thread was to petition a mint or... (darned voice recognition, I said mentor)... letting the mentor know what the valuable information is you wish to add, that way if the information you wish to add is valuable, then it can be added.(!
Yes, this would be the correct thing to do.

Likes 11BPhysicist

1. What are the benefits of upgrading to Gold Membership on PhysicsForums.com?

Upgrading to Gold Membership on PhysicsForums.com gives you access to exclusive features such as unlimited private messaging, the ability to create custom user titles, and a larger avatar size. Gold Members also have the option to hide advertisements on the site and can participate in private discussions and groups.

2. How much does it cost to upgrade to Gold Membership?

The cost of upgrading to Gold Membership on PhysicsForums.com is $25 USD for a one-year membership. This one-time payment gives you access to all the features and benefits of Gold Membership for a full year.

3. Can I upgrade to Gold Membership at any time?

Yes, you can upgrade to Gold Membership on PhysicsForums.com at any time by clicking on the "Upgrade Now" link at the top of the page. You can also upgrade from a lower membership tier, such as Silver or Bronze, to Gold at any time.

4. Is there a way to try out Gold Membership before committing to it?

Yes, PhysicsForums.com offers a 14-day free trial of Gold Membership. During this trial period, you will have access to all the features and benefits of Gold Membership. After the trial period ends, you can choose to continue with Gold Membership or switch back to a lower membership tier.

5. How do I cancel my Gold Membership on PhysicsForums.com?

You can cancel your Gold Membership at any time by going to your account settings and clicking on the "Cancel Gold Membership" button. This will revert your membership back to a lower tier, such as Silver or Bronze, and you will no longer be charged for Gold Membership. Any unused portion of your membership will still be valid until the end of the current billing cycle.