US Arrested for Being Too Thin: Unbelievable!

• Thread starter PeroK
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Laws
In summary, a man was arrested in the US for not being fat enough, and his strange story is 9 years old.
PeroK
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
2023 Award
I've just seen a picture of a man being arrested in the US for not being fat enough. Incredible!

1691217350108.jpeg

• Wow
Likes pinball1970
Physics news on Phys.org
Got a link to a news article about this?

• Informative
Likes jack action, OmCheeto and pinball1970
PeroK said:
I've just seen a picture of a man being arrested in the US for not being fat enough. Incredible!

View attachment 330146
You don't think the 1000 burglaries he performed might have had anything to do with his arrest?
But I do agree that it's a fascinating story. I doubt I'd survive a single night in the woods, much less 27 years.

Likes russ_watters and pinball1970
OmCheeto said:
You don't think the 1000 burglaries he performed might have had anything to do with his arrest?
It was just the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the photo. It was something about the look on the faces of the two fat policemen that seemed to say "we've caught another thin one, sergeant"!

• Haha
Likes OmCheeto and pinball1970
PeroK said:
It was just the first thing that crossed my mind when I saw the photo. It was something about the look on the faces of the two fat policemen that seemed to say "we've caught another thin one, sergeant"!
Amazing story, what a strange man?
Same age as me roughly and I think it's interesting he mentioned Chernobyl.
I wonder if it had anything to do with him wanting to escape? Tipped him over the edge?
I was absolutely terrified April 86, without having a real grasp of what was going on, trapped in a city. End of the world scenario as things were already tense.
Horrible feeling for a 19 year old.
However....
He left his job, left his brother with a loan they both secured, then stole other people's property for years to survive.
I know he said he felt guilty but there is something particularly hideous about knowing someone has been in your home.
The surrounding residents showed a lot class by leaving notes for him, very impressed by that, what amazing people?

PeroK said:

View attachment 330146
Love the title,you sucked me in ;)

Likes PeroK
PeroK said:
My sincerest apologies for taking you seriously. It's just that, well, here in the colonies, we've been having some very strange election results, some very peculiar laws passed, and it didn't seem too far fetched.

Another thing I find interesting is that the story is 9 years old, and although wiki claims; "Knight's unusual life also attracted widespread international media reports upon his capture.", I have no recollection of the story.

But again, thank you for mentioning it, as some of this story is pure gold:

Knight however resented being compared to Henry David Thoreau, instead calling him a dilettante because Thoreau only lived for two years in his Walden Pond cabin and his mother did his laundry, saying he was "...just a show-off who went out there and wrote a book saying 'Look how great I am.' "

His mother did his laundry..... Bwah! Hahahahahaha!

Likes BillTre and PeroK

1. What is the story behind the headline "US Arrested for Being Too Thin: Unbelievable!"?

The story behind this headline is that a woman in the United States was arrested for being too thin. She was accused of having an eating disorder and was taken into custody by the authorities.

2. Is it legal to be arrested for being too thin in the United States?

No, it is not legal to be arrested for being too thin in the United States. However, if someone is deemed to be a danger to themselves due to extreme thinness, they may be involuntarily hospitalized for treatment.

3. What are the potential consequences of being arrested for being too thin?

The consequences of being arrested for being too thin can vary depending on the circumstances. It could result in being involuntarily hospitalized for treatment, facing criminal charges for endangering one's health, or being placed under the care of a guardian.

4. How is "too thin" determined in these cases?

There is no specific weight or body mass index (BMI) that determines if someone is "too thin." It is usually determined by a medical professional who assesses the individual's overall health and whether their weight poses a serious risk to their well-being.

5. What can be done to prevent someone from being arrested for being too thin?

To prevent someone from being arrested for being too thin, it is important for individuals to maintain a healthy lifestyle and seek help if they are struggling with an eating disorder. It is also important for society to promote body positivity and discourage harmful beauty standards that contribute to disordered eating habits.