How can I burn hex code to p89v51rd2 without a usb to rs232 serial cable?

In summary, the person is trying to burn hex code from their laptop to a P89V51RD2 microcontroller using a USB to RS232 serial cable. However, they do not have the cable available and have been using two separate cables and connectors to try and achieve the same result. They are asking for advice on whether this method will work or if there is an alternative way to burn the hex code.
vead
hello ,
I want to burn hex code from Laptop to p89v51rd2. but I don't have usb to rs232 serial cable

laptop -aspire746
os- window 7
serial port
microcontroller nxp89v51rd2
compiler - keil
programer software - flesh magic
com port 1
baud rate 9600
interface - none ISP
max RS232IC

usb to rs232 serial cable is not available in my place so I used two cable to burn hex code I have driver cd
programmer circuit +Db9 male connector +db9female connector------cable-----db9 female+db9male--able --- usb port to laptop port

Q1 it will work or tell me way how to burn hex code ?

Attachments

• IMG_0042.JPG
    IMG_0042.JPG
    29.4 KB · Views: 527
  • IMG_0043.JPG
    IMG_0043.JPG
    27.9 KB · Views: 495
Computer science news on Phys.org

1. What is a USB to RS232 serial cable?

A USB to RS232 serial cable is a type of cable that connects a computer's USB port to a device that uses a serial port, such as a modem or printer. It allows data to be transferred between the computer and the device.

2. How does a USB to RS232 serial cable work?

The USB end of the cable connects to a USB port on the computer, while the serial end connects to the device's serial port. The cable converts the data signals from USB to RS232 and vice versa, allowing communication between the two devices.

3. What is the difference between USB and RS232?

USB (Universal Serial Bus) is a newer and more widely used standard for connecting devices to computers. RS232 (Recommended Standard 232) is an older and less common standard that is used for serial communication between devices.

4. What are the advantages of using a USB to RS232 serial cable?

Using a USB to RS232 serial cable allows for faster data transfer rates compared to traditional serial cables. It also eliminates the need for additional power sources, as USB provides power to the connected device. Additionally, USB is a widely adopted standard, making it more convenient and compatible with most computers.

5. What are some common uses for a USB to RS232 serial cable?

USB to RS232 serial cables are commonly used to connect devices such as modems, printers, and routers to a computer. They are also used for programming and debugging electronic devices, as well as for transferring data between devices.