Vaio Problems: Color Snowscreen and lower Left part of PC ov

• Thread starter WWGD
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Color pc
In summary, the speaker is having trouble with their Vaio PC model PCG-71318L freezing after a few minutes of use. They suspect it may be a hard drive issue and turned off the computer to let it rest. Upon turning it back on, they encountered a color screen and an overheated bottom left corner. They tried searching for a solution but found nothing useful. Another person suggests trying various steps recommended by Sony and booting via a CD-ROM or USB to determine the cause of the problem.
WWGD
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hi, just curious. I am trying to fix my Vaio PC , model PCG -71318L. Intially, PC worked well for a few minutes but eventually froze.
I thought it may be a hardrive thing . The computer had been on uninterruptedly for a long time, so I turned it off to "let it rest". After an hour or so, I turned it back on and ended up with a color screen and the lower left part of the bottom was overheated. EDIT: I tried a search, but found nothing useful.

Computer science news on Phys.org
What do you mean by color screen with left part of bottom overheated?

You mean you got like a blue screen and the bottom left looks a bit multicolored and wavy like when you touch the screen enough to deflect it?

Anyway, here's a bunch of steps to follow from SONY:

https://community.sony.com/t5/VAIO-...t-passed-logo-display-stays-blank/td-p/129521

You could try removing the battery and then replacing it to see if that solves the problem before proceeding thru the steps.

Also have you tried to boot via CD-ROM or via USB with something like Knoppix:

http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html

This could help you determine if its homework or sw related.

Likes WWGD

1. What causes the "Color Snowscreen" issue on Vaio laptops?

The "Color Snowscreen" issue on Vaio laptops is typically caused by a faulty graphics card or driver. It may also be caused by a loose or damaged display cable, or a malfunctioning display panel.

2. How can I fix the "Color Snowscreen" issue on my Vaio laptop?

The first step in fixing the "Color Snowscreen" issue is to update your graphics card driver. If that does not solve the problem, you may need to replace the graphics card or have a professional repair the display cable or panel.

3. Why is the lower left part of my Vaio PC overheating?

The lower left part of your Vaio PC may be overheating due to a buildup of dust and debris in the fan or air vents. It could also be caused by a malfunctioning fan or inadequate ventilation.

4. How can I prevent my Vaio PC from overheating?

To prevent your Vaio PC from overheating, make sure to regularly clean the fan and air vents to remove dust and debris. You can also use a laptop cooling pad to improve air circulation and make sure your PC is not placed on top of soft surfaces that can block ventilation.

5. What should I do if the lower left part of my Vaio PC is hot to the touch?

If the lower left part of your Vaio PC is hot to the touch, you should immediately shut down your PC and allow it to cool down before using it again. If the issue persists, you may need to have a professional inspect and repair the internal components of your PC.