Valve lift & variable air flowrate in compressed air

In summary, the conversation discusses incorporating valve lift and variable flow rate in a compressed air engine. The power produced by the motor will depend on the force on the piston and piston speed, rather than the rate of energy from the fluid. To calculate torque, the mass-flow into the cylinder and pressure as a function of crank angle theta must be determined. The use of the term "engine" is debated due to the modified design. The focus is on incorporating flow rate instead of pressure in this system.
Chotai Nikhil
How we can incorporate valve lift and variable flow rate in compressed air engine

Mechanical power = air power
torque * angular velocity = pressure * flow rate

Engineering news on Phys.org
There's a lot to your question. Are you asking how to calculate the flow into the cylinder as a function of valve lift?
I don't believe your second expression is that useful. The power produced by the motor (it's not an "engine" because it doesn't run on heat) will be equal to the force on the piston times the piston speed (p*A*dx/dt), but not equal to the rate of energy coming in with the fluid. This is because some of the enthalpy of the incoming flow, through turbulence, will be converted to heat.
You'll need to calculate the mass-flow into the cylinder to get pressure as a function of crank angle theta, and calculate torque from T = p*A*dx/dtheta.

Thank you sir

1) I used the Word Engine because i modified the 4 stroke petrol engine to 2 stroke engine

2) how does i incorporate flow rate instead of Pressure "P" because i have flow through valve here and i don't have exact value of Pressure of P incise the cylinder which we call as mean pressure in petrol engine.

1. What is the purpose of valve lift and variable air flowrate in compressed air systems?

Valve lift and variable air flowrate are used to control the amount of compressed air that is flowing through a system. This allows for more precise regulation of pressure and flow, which can improve efficiency and reduce energy costs.

2. How does valve lift affect the performance of a compressed air system?

Valve lift refers to the distance that the valve opens, which directly affects the amount of air that can pass through. By adjusting the valve lift, the flow and pressure can be altered to meet the specific needs of the system.

3. What is the difference between a fixed and variable air flowrate in compressed air systems?

A fixed air flowrate means that the amount of air flowing through the system remains constant, while a variable air flowrate allows for adjustments to be made based on the current demand. This can lead to more efficient operation and reduced energy consumption.

4. How is valve lift and air flowrate controlled in a compressed air system?

Valve lift and air flowrate can be controlled through various methods such as mechanical, electrical, or pneumatic systems. These systems use sensors and controllers to monitor and adjust the flow and pressure according to the specific needs of the system.

5. What are the benefits of using valve lift and variable air flowrate in compressed air systems?

By using valve lift and variable air flowrate, compressed air systems can achieve more precise control, leading to improved efficiency, reduced energy costs, and better overall performance. This can also extend the lifespan of the system and reduce maintenance needs.