Variation of parameters in this Diode-Resistor circuit

mazeem
Homework Statement
I have solved the following assignment (attached) but I have no idea if I have done it right or not? Feedback will be appreciated. It is from the Albert Malvino's Electronic Principles and is Fig. 3-25.
For each independent variable increase, determine what will be response of the dependent variables for the following circuit. Use 2nd approximation for diode.

Independent variables: Vs, R1, R2, R3, Vk
Dependent variables: Va, Vb, Vc, I1, I2, I3, P1, P2, P3.
Bonus Marks (3 marks)
Also calculate values of all the dependent variables for a 10% increase in all the independent variables.
Relevant Equations
V=IR,
P=VI
Vk=0.7 V
1700552113151.png
Circuit diagram

Attachments

• Assignment pf.pdf
    207.4 KB · Views: 37
  • Solution.pdf
    283.6 KB · Views: 38
Physics news on Phys.org
It appears to me that the question is asking for the response of all dependent variables for change in each independent variable (while holding others constant).
Your solution appears to only address the 10% case. In that situation, it looks like you divided by 100k rather than 110k for I3. Also, I believe Vk should also increase by 10%.

I'm not sure if the question is asking, but I think it would be useful to know what values cause the diode to turn off.

1. What is the purpose of using variation of parameters in a diode-resistor circuit?

The variation of parameters method is used to analyze and calculate the behavior of a diode-resistor circuit when the parameters (such as resistance, voltage, and current) are varied. This allows for a more accurate understanding of the circuit's performance under different conditions.

2. How does variation of parameters affect the overall performance of a diode-resistor circuit?

Varying the parameters in a diode-resistor circuit can have a significant impact on its performance. For example, changing the resistance can alter the current flow and voltage drop across the circuit, which can affect the diode's behavior. This method allows for a more comprehensive analysis of the circuit's behavior.

3. Can variation of parameters be used to optimize a diode-resistor circuit?

Yes, variation of parameters can be used to optimize a diode-resistor circuit by determining the best combination of parameters that will result in the desired performance. This method allows for the identification of the most efficient and effective parameters for the circuit.

4. Are there any limitations to using variation of parameters in a diode-resistor circuit?

One limitation of using variation of parameters is that it assumes the circuit is linear, which may not always be the case. Additionally, this method may become more complex and time-consuming for circuits with multiple diodes and resistors.

5. How can the results of variation of parameters be applied in practical applications?

The results of variation of parameters can be applied in practical applications by providing a better understanding of how the circuit will perform under different conditions. This can be useful for designing and optimizing circuits for specific purposes and can also aid in troubleshooting and identifying potential issues in the circuit.