What Are the Feynman Rules for Bremsstrahlung with Vector Particle Production?

In summary, the PDF contains two diagrams for a Bremsstrahlung process involving a vector particle production. The first diagram represents photon emission from an electron scattering off a Z boson, while the second diagram represents photon emission from a Z boson scattering off an electron. To calculate the amplitude, one must use the Feynman rules and Standard Model couplings for the vertex factor, and the propagator for the external line factor.
Maurice7510
So this isn't a homework problem really, but based on the posting rules for the HEP section this seems to fit better here. My issue is that I'm trying to use a Feynman diagram to represent a Bremsstrahlung process in which a vector particle is produced: $$ Z + e^- \rightarrow Z + e^- + v. $$ If I make the lowest order Feynman diagrams of the situation, you get the two in the PDF I attached on here. The problems I have are twofold -- the first is: can I ignore the proton here are just have an incoming photon, thus reducing these diagrams to looking just like the two for Compton scattering (except with outgoing v instead of a photon)? If I can't, how do I find the amplitude from a diagram that looks like this? The second problem is this: regardless of whether or not I can draw this without the proton, what's the vertex factor for $$e^- \rightarrow \e^- + v $$ and what is the external line factor associated ith a vector particle? I've looked all around and can't seem to find the information I need, so any help would be great. Thanks!

Attachments

• untitled (1).pdf
    25.6 KB · Views: 233
Physics news on Phys.org
A:The two diagrams in the PDF represent the two possible ways of producing a vector particle in a Bremsstrahlung process. The first diagram (the one with the 'e' and the 'Z' crossed) represents the process of photon emission from an electron which is scattered off the Z boson. The second diagram (the one with the 'e' and the 'Z' not crossed) represents the process of photon emission from a Z boson which is scattered off the electron. In order to calculate the amplitude from these diagrams, you need to use the Feynman rules. For the vertex factor, you will need to use the Standard Model couplings for the electron and the Z boson. For the external line factor, you will need to use the propagator for the vector particle. Once you have all of these pieces, you can then calculate the amplitude from the diagrams. Hope this helps!

What is Vector QED Feynman rule?

Vector QED Feynman rule is a set of mathematical equations that describe the interactions between vector particles and electromagnetic fields in the framework of quantum electrodynamics. It is used to calculate the probability of different particle interactions and is an essential tool in understanding the behavior of subatomic particles.

How is Vector QED Feynman rule used in scientific research?

Vector QED Feynman rule is used in theoretical and experimental research in the field of quantum electrodynamics. It is used to make predictions about the behavior of subatomic particles and to test these predictions through experiments. It is also used in the development of new theories and models to explain the behavior of particles.

What are the main components of Vector QED Feynman rule?

The main components of Vector QED Feynman rule include the Feynman diagrams, which represent the different particle interactions, and the mathematical equations that describe the probabilities of these interactions. It also includes the rules for calculating the amplitudes of these interactions and for taking into account the effects of quantum fluctuations.

Why is Vector QED Feynman rule important in quantum electrodynamics?

Vector QED Feynman rule is important in quantum electrodynamics because it provides a framework for understanding and predicting the behavior of subatomic particles. It allows scientists to make precise calculations and predictions about particle interactions, which can then be tested through experiments. It also helps to support and refine our understanding of the fundamental laws of physics.

Are there any limitations to Vector QED Feynman rule?

Like any scientific theory, Vector QED Feynman rule has its limitations. It is based on certain assumptions and approximations, and may not be valid in extreme conditions such as high energies or strong gravitational fields. It also does not take into account the effects of other fundamental forces, such as the strong and weak nuclear forces, which may be important in certain interactions. Further research and development is needed to improve and expand upon the current understanding of Vector QED Feynman rule.