Video counting not synchronized

• Bug
  • Thread starter YoungPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary, the user experiences an issue where their video count increases and trophie is awarded before their video is approved by a human reviewer. This may be due to the system automatically updating the count but not the actual availability of the video. This issue persists even after posting this thread and occurs with subsequent videos as well. It is speculated that the review process is done by humans while the badge awards are automated, which may explain the discrepancy.
YoungPhysicist
Insights Author
This morning I was making and uploading my 25th video here on PF. After I added it, there should be a while before mentor approval,but I found the system counted my video even before it was approved cause I get a 25 vid trophie, and the member page showing I have 25 vids.My media page still has 24 in it though.

This is the first time I encounter this.

The problem still exist when I post this thread.

Physics news on Phys.org
This is just a guess. I imagine that the reviewing of posted media is done by humans, but the badge awards are automated. If it is human review, then it probably just took longer than normal.

Likes YoungPhysicist
scottdave said:
This is just a guess. I imagine that the reviewing of posted media is done by humans, but the badge awards are automated. If it is human review, then it probably just took longer than normal.
Looks like that is the case. The same situation happens on my 26th and 27th video.:smile:

I will elaborate a bit on what @scottdave has said above. When a video is posted, it is hidden from public view and held for review. However, the system, by default, updates the number of videos for the user before the approval of videos. They become available when approved.

If, however, the video(s) are explicitly unapproved/deleted from public view, only then the counter is decremented.

What is meant by "video counting not synchronized"?

"Video counting not synchronized" refers to a situation where the audio and video components of a video are not aligned properly. This means that the audio and video are not playing at the same time, resulting in a mismatch between what is seen and what is heard.

What causes video counting not synchronized?

There are several potential causes for video counting not synchronized. It could be due to an issue with the video player or software, a problem with the video file itself, or a technical issue with the device playing the video.

How can I fix video counting not synchronized?

The solution to fixing video counting not synchronized will depend on the cause of the issue. Some potential solutions include updating the video player or software, converting the video file to a different format, or troubleshooting any technical issues with the device playing the video.

Can video counting not synchronized be prevented?

Yes, there are steps that can be taken to prevent video counting not synchronized. These include using a reliable video player or software, ensuring that the video file is in a compatible format, and regularly maintaining and updating the device used to play the video.

Is video counting not synchronized a common problem?

Video counting not synchronized is a relatively common issue, especially with older or poorly formatted videos. However, with proper maintenance and troubleshooting, it can usually be resolved quickly and easily.