Viewing member avatars in threads in mobile view

• Suggestion
  • Thread starter Wrichik Basu
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of not being able to view the right column on the first page in the mobile view of PF, as well as the ability to view member avatars in a thread from a PC. The suggestion is made for an option to be implemented that allows users to view avatars on mobile while still being able to save data. It is mentioned that this issue will be fixed in the upcoming version of PF.
Wrichik Basu
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
I visit PF from my mobile for almost 99.99% of the time. In the mobile view, one cannot view the right column on the first page (Insights, Videos, Featured threads, etc), so in Chrome, I have "Request Desktop site" enabled.

However, I recently found that from PC, I can also view the member avatars in a thread, which is contrary to what I see everyday:

KjrNjKIvUbNUHC5NjR96RT1puuECW1AnuAVtopnC68JBuiKqeCv0Z2IPQuFvaKgf_HMRJdu0L6tfcgA3wksR32WfWA=w2400.png

Of course, the PF server(s) know whether I am using a mobile or a pc. Can an option be implemented such that if I am browsing the site from mobile, I can turn on the option to see the avatars? So, it will be something like this: From mobile, first I enable "Request Desktop site", and then I switch on the option to see the avatars in threads.

This system would not trouble the ones who want to save data, because by default, it can be kept off.

I know that a new version of PF is coming. Could this be implemented there?

Attachments

• KjrNjKIvUbNUHC5NjR96RT1puuECW1AnuAVtopnC68JBuiKqeCv0Z2IPQuFvaKgf_HMRJdu0L6tfcgA3wksR32WfWA=w2400.png
    KjrNjKIvUbNUHC5NjR96RT1puuECW1AnuAVtopnC68JBuiKqeCv0Z2IPQuFvaKgf_HMRJdu0L6tfcgA3wksR32WfWA=w2400.png
    17.2 KB · Views: 297
Last edited:
Likes A M and Greg Bernhardt
Physics news on Phys.org
This is fixed in our next version.

Likes Wrichik Basu

1. How do I view member avatars in threads in mobile view?

To view member avatars in threads in mobile view, simply click on the thread to open it. The avatars of the members who have posted in the thread will appear next to their username.

2. Can I change the size of the member avatars in mobile view?

Unfortunately, the size of member avatars in mobile view cannot be changed. They are automatically resized to fit the screen and provide the best viewing experience.

3. Why can't I see member avatars in some threads in mobile view?

If you are unable to see member avatars in certain threads in mobile view, it may be because the members have not uploaded an avatar or have chosen to hide their avatar. In some cases, it may also be due to technical issues.

4. Is there a way to hide member avatars in mobile view?

Currently, there is no option to hide member avatars in mobile view. However, you can switch to desktop view on your mobile device to see the thread without avatars.

5. Can I click on member avatars in mobile view to view their profile?

Yes, you can click on a member's avatar in mobile view to view their profile. This will open a new page where you can see their profile information and activity on the forum.