Videos from a high school maths teacher

In summary: I subscribed Thanks for the kind words, Jameson. :)Id be more than happy to post a link to you guys on my blog at Woo. Would that be suitable?Yes, that would be perfect. :)Regards,Mr. WooDeal! (Handshake)
misterwoo
Hi everyone, I'm a high school teacher from Sydney, Australia. I shoot videos of my classroom lessons for my students as a resource for their revision (or to help them catch up if they ever miss class). Some of them mentioned that I should share these videos with others because they might be valuable to people in other schools, so here you go:

www.misterwootube.com (everything is grouped by topic)
www.youtube.com/misterwootube (main page of the channel)
woo.jamesruse.nsw.edu.au (other assorted resources and worksheets I've made)

I've posted 210 videos for maths (just over 26 hours worth of content). At the moment it's basically all year 11-12 material - I cover topics like Calculus, Induction, Series and Sequences, Trigonometry and Curve Sketching. I also teach technology, and there's videos for that too.

Hope you find them helpful, subscribe if you like what you see, feedback welcome.

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Hey Jameson, I tried PMing you but it wouldn't let me. (It kept saying that I could only send messages to staff until I had 5 posts - even though you are listed as a staff member. Bug to fix?)

Thanks for the welcome, you guys have done a great job on the site. :)

Id be more than happy to post a link to you guys on my blog at Woo. Would that be suitable?

Regards,
Mr. Woo

Deal! (Handshake)

Thank you for reminding us about the new member PM bug. We need to fix this!

I'll move your thread to our "Useful Mathematics Resources" subforum now.Jameson

misterwoo said:
Hi everyone, I'm a high school teacher from Sydney, Australia. I shoot videos of my classroom lessons for my students as a resource for their revision (or to help them catch up if they ever miss class). Some of them mentioned that I should share these videos with others because they might be valuable to people in other schools, so here you go:

www.misterwootube.com (everything is grouped by topic)
www.youtube.com/misterwootube (main page of the channel)
woo.jamesruse.nsw.edu.au (other assorted resources and worksheets I've made)

I've posted 210 videos for maths (just over 26 hours worth of content). At the moment it's basically all year 11-12 material - I cover topics like Calculus, Induction, Series and Sequences, Trigonometry and Curve Sketching. I also teach technology, and there's videos for that too.

Hope you find them helpful, subscribe if you like what you see, feedback welcome.

Hey , I like your way of teaching . It is different and interesting to look at .

As a fellow scientist and educator, I appreciate your dedication to providing valuable resources for your students and potentially others around the world. It is clear that you have put a lot of time and effort into creating these videos and organizing them by topic for easy access. I believe that sharing your videos and resources can greatly benefit students and teachers in other schools, as well as individuals who may be interested in learning more about these topics. Your website and YouTube channel are both user-friendly and visually appealing, making it easy for viewers to navigate and find the specific content they are looking for. Thank you for your contribution to the education community and for your willingness to share your knowledge and expertise with others. Keep up the great work!

1. What topics do the videos cover?

The videos cover a variety of topics in high school math such as algebra, geometry, trigonometry, and calculus.

2. Are the videos suitable for all levels of high school math?

Yes, the videos are designed to be accessible for all levels of high school math, from basic concepts to more advanced topics.

3. Are the videos interactive?

No, the videos are pre-recorded and not interactive. However, they do include examples and practice problems for students to work on.

4. How often are new videos added?

New videos are added regularly, usually once or twice a week, depending on the complexity of the topic.

5. Can these videos be used as a substitute for a classroom teacher?

No, these videos are meant to supplement and enhance classroom learning, not replace it. A classroom teacher is still the best resource for answering questions and providing individualized instruction.