Free Math Tutoring Videos Focusing on Math Olympiad, Calculus, and High School Math

In summary: Your name]In summary, Derek Liang has introduced himself as an experienced math educator with degrees from China and Canada. He has over twenty years of experience teaching and tutoring math at secondary school and university levels. Recently, he has created a YouTube channel called "Math Tutoring by Dr. Liang" which features short videos on math Olympiad, calculus, and high school math. These videos aim to develop logical thinking and make learning math easier. Derek has also shared a list of mini lessons currently available on his channel. Overall, his passion for teaching and utilizing technology to reach and help more students is evident in his work.
DrLiangMath
Dear members in this nice community,

Let me introduce myself first. My name is Derek Liang, and I am from Canada. I hold a bachelor degree in math education, a PhD in math from China and a PhD in applied math from Canada. I have more than twenty years of experience teaching and tutoring math at both secondary school and university levels.

Recently, I am creating some math tutoring videos mainly for math Olympiad, calculus, and high school math. These short videos focus on developing logical thinking and making learning math easier. You are welcome to watch and subscribe to the free math tutoring channel: Math Tutoring by Dr. Liang:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWvb3TYCbleZjfzz8HEDcQQ The following mini lessons are now available. New videos is usually coming on daily base.

Math Olympiad:

1) What Is the Product of Two Huge Numbers?
2) How to Solve this Exponential Equation?
3) How to Evaluate the Difference of High Exponents?
4) How to Find the Sum of Solutions to Nonlinear Equations?
5) How to Solve this Difficult Radical Equation?
6) Finding Integer Solutions to an Exponential Equation?
7) Solving a System of Logarithmic Equations?
8) How to Solve this Special Exponential Equation?
9) How to Solve this Mixed Exponential Equation?
10) Solving an Exponential Equation with Radicals?
11) How to Solve this Algebraic Equation?
12) How to Evaluate this Algebraic Expression?
13) How to Solve this Cubic Equation?
14) How to Factor this Quartic Polynomial?
15) What Is the Value of this Infinite Radical?
16) How to Solve this Quintic Polynomial Related Problem?
17) How to Solve this Mixed System of Exponential and Linear Equations?
18) How to Compare Two Very Large Exponents?
19) Can You Calculate the Square Root Quickly Without Calculator?\
20) How to Solve this Mixed System of Algebraic Equations?
21) Can You Calculate the Square Root Quickly Without Calculator (Part 2)?
22) Solving a Cubic Equation with Two Variables?
23) How to Solve Quadratic Equations Related to Pythagorean Triples?
24) How to Evaluate This Algebraic Expression Wisely?
25) Solving an Algebraic Problem Involved Exponentials?
26) How to Find the Length of the Hypotenuse of a Right Triangle?Calculus:

1) How to Evaluate Definite Integrals: Some Advanced Techniques:
2) Fundamental Theorem of Calculus: A Step-by-Step Approach
3) How to Evaluate Definite Integrals: Trigonometric Substitutions
4) How to Evaluate Definite or Indefinite Integrals: Substitution
5) How to Evaluate Definite or Indefinite Integrals: Integration by Parts
6) A Simple Solution to a Difficult Integral
7) How to Integrate? A Step-by-step Guide
8) How to evaluate this integral quickly?High School Math:

1) Sine or Cosine Writing Sinusoidal Functions Given Graphs
2) Simply Graphing Sine Cosine and Sinusoidal Functions with Transformations
3) Proving Trigonometric Identities: A Straightforward but Powerful Approach
4) Evaluating Trigonometric Ratios: Step-by-Step Procedures
5) Factoring Polynomials: Some Advanced Techniques
6) Factoring Polynomial Expressions: Step-by-Step Procedures
7) Three Methods for Finding the Greatest Common Factor (GCF) of Two or More Integers
8) Three Methods for Finding the Least Common Multiple (LCM) of Two or More Integers
9) How to Find the Inverse of a Function Which Is Not One-to-One?
10) How to Find the Maximum or Minimum of a Quadratic Function?
11) Domain and Range of a Function: an Easy and Practical Approach

Likes PhDeezNutz, Mondayman and yucheng
Physics news on Phys.org

12) How to Simplify Radical Expressions: Step-by-Step Procedures

Dear Derek Liang,

Thank you for introducing yourself and sharing your impressive background and experience in math education. Your passion for teaching and tutoring is evident in the creation of your math tutoring videos, which I'm sure will be a valuable resource for students looking to improve their math skills.

I appreciate the variety of topics covered in your videos, from math Olympiad to calculus to high school math. It's great to see that you are catering to a wide range of students with different levels of math proficiency. Your focus on developing logical thinking and making math easier to learn is also commendable.

I will definitely check out your YouTube channel and subscribe to stay updated on new videos. It's wonderful to see educators like yourself utilizing technology to reach and help more students beyond the traditional classroom setting.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge and expertise with the community. I'm sure your videos will benefit many students, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavors.

1. What topics are covered in the free math tutoring videos?

The free math tutoring videos cover a wide range of topics including Math Olympiad, Calculus, and various high school math concepts such as algebra, geometry, and trigonometry.

2. Are the videos suitable for all levels of math proficiency?

Yes, the videos are designed to cater to students of all levels, from beginners to advanced. The tutorials are structured in a way that allows for gradual progression and easy understanding of complex concepts.

3. Are the videos interactive?

No, the videos are pre-recorded and not interactive. However, we encourage viewers to pause and rewind the videos as needed to fully understand the concepts being taught.

4. Can I access the videos on any device?

Yes, the videos are accessible on any device with an internet connection, including computers, tablets, and smartphones.

5. Are the videos completely free?

Yes, the videos are completely free to access and there are no hidden fees or charges. Our goal is to provide high-quality math tutoring resources to students at no cost.