Virginity for sale to pay for grad school

In summary: Las Vegas)...The only legal brothels in the state are located in Carson City, Douglas County, and Lyon County.A college student in California is becoming a type of entrepreneur to pay for her continued education. She set up a website to advertise her new business, hoping to have people visit the "Bunny Ranch" on the bidding day. She says that she needs money to pay for Graduate School. It's legal in Nevada.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Sacramento, CA -- A college student in California is becoming a type of entrepreneur to pay for her continued education.

The 22-year-old set up a website to advertise her new business, hoping to have people visit the "Bunny Ranch" on the bidding day.

She says that she needs money to pay for Graduate School [continued]
http://www.digtriad.com/news/national_world/article.aspx?storyid=110640&catid=175

Her major: Marriage and family counseling. :smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
Like one of the comments on that page says.. isn't this prostitution?

cristo said:
Like one of the comments on that page says.. isn't this prostitution?

It's legal in Nevada.

It certainly is prostitution, but how many virgin prostitutes are there? :biggrin:

Why do so many people think it is bad to have sex for money, but its okay to sleep around for free? I have no problem is someone wants to be paid, they are definitely providing a service and deserve to be.

Reminds me of Chris Rock in "Never Scared"

Chris Rock: You know 'the stripper myth.' The stripper myth is: 'I'm stripping to pay my tuition.' No you're not! There's no strippers in college! There's no clear heels in biology! ****, I didn't know they had a college that only took one-dollar bills. If they've got so many strippers in college, how come I never got a smart lap dance? I never got a girl that sat on my lap and said 'if I was you, I would diversify my portfolio. You know, ever since the end of the Cold War, I find NATO obsolete.' I haven't met her yet. If I do, she's going to get a big tip.

How many times do you think she'll sell it? :rolleyes:

It grows back doesn't it?

Ivan Seeking said:
It's legal in Nevada.
Oh.. I thought it was in California: must not have read the article properly.

It certainly is prostitution, but how many virgin prostitutes are there? :biggrin:
I dunno.. but I doubt they'd be rich :smile:

cristo said:
Oh.. I thought it was in California: must not have read the article properly.

She went to Sac State, but she will be holding the auction at the "Bunny Ranch".

CNN has a more detailed report on TV, but I didn't spot anything else online yet when I posted.

Greg Bernhardt said:
Reminds me of Chris Rock in "Never Scared"
Chris Rock: You know 'the stripper myth.' The stripper myth is: 'I'm stripping to pay my tuition.' No you're not! There's no strippers in college! There's no clear heels in biology! ****, I didn't know they had a college that only took one-dollar bills. If they've got so many strippers in college, how come I never got a smart lap dance? I never got a girl that sat on my lap and said 'if I was you, I would diversify my portfolio. You know, ever since the end of the Cold War, I find NATO obsolete.' I haven't met her yet. If I do, she's going to get a big tip.

No, she wouldn't. He'd be pissed that she was discussing something totally unrelated when he was paying her for a lap dance. She'd be lucky to get any tip at all.

I can't look it up at work, but I heard recently on tv that it's a myth that it's "legal' in the state of Nevada. I can't remember why it's licensed in a couple of places. Can someone look that up?

Evo said:
I can't look it up at work, but I heard recently on tv that it's a myth that it's "legal' in the state of Nevada. I can't remember why it's licensed in a couple of places. Can someone look that up?

It's not legal everywhere in Nevada...

tribdog said:
Why do so many people think it is bad to have sex for money, but its okay to sleep around for free? I have no problem is someone wants to be paid, they are definitely providing a service and deserve to be.
My question is otherwise : why do men imagine it's great to sleep with a virgin ? I think it's not that great at all ! She would probably provide the worse service ever, hence her offer has very little value from my point of view.

Nevada is one of only two U.S. states that allow some legal prostitution; in most of its counties, brothels are legalized and heavily regulated. (In Rhode Island, the act of sex for money is not illegal, but street solicitation, and operation of a brothel, are.)

...[edit] Legal situation
Under Nevada state law, any county with a population under 400,000, as of the last decennial census,[1] is allowed to license brothels if it so chooses.[2] As of the most recent census in 2000, only Clark County (which contains Las Vegas) had a population above 400,000.[3] Incorporated towns and cities in counties that allow prostitution may regulate the trade further or prohibit it altogether.

As of July 2004, brothels are illegal under county or municipal law in Washoe County (which contains Reno), Carson City (an independent city), Douglas County, and Lincoln County. Eureka County neither permits nor prohibits licensed brothels, and has none. The other 11 Nevada counties permit licensed brothels in certain specified areas or cities.[4]

The precise licensing requirements vary by county. License fees for brothels range from an annual $100,000 in Storey County to an annual $200 in Lander County. Licensed prostitutes must be at least 21 years old, except in Storey County and Lyon County (where the minimum age is 18).

Nevada law requires that registered brothel prostitutes be checked weekly for several sexually transmitted diseases, and monthly for HIV; furthermore, condoms are mandatory for all oral sex and sexual intercourse. Brothel owners may be held liable if customers become infected with HIV after a prostitute has tested positive for the virus.[5] Women work a legally mandated minimum of nine days for each work period.[6]

Nevada has laws against engaging in prostitution outside of licensed brothels, against encouraging others to become prostitutes, and against living off the proceeds of a prostitute.

For many years, Nevada brothels were restricted from advertising their services in counties where brothel prostitution is illegal; however, this state law was overturned in 2007.[3] [continued]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prostitution_in_Nevada

So is what she is doing illegal then?

humanino said:
My question is otherwise : why do men imagine it's great to sleep with a virgin ? I think it's not that great at all ! She would probably provide the worse service ever, hence her offer has very little value from my point of view.

Sex with a virgin cures AIDS.

tribdog said:
Maybe not actually. Sex with two does more probably.

tribdog said:
Virgins can have AIDS.

Ivan Seeking said:
The precise licensing requirements vary by county. License fees for brothels range from an annual $100,000 in Storey County to an annual $200 in Lander County. Licensed prostitutes must be at least 21 years old, except in Storey County and Lyon County (where the minimum age is 18).

WOO HOO! That's where I grew up! Lander County! Battle Mountain, Nevada! We have the cheapest whore houses in Nevada. Growing up, there was the Calico Club and the Desert Club. I don't know if they are both still there. As a kid we would go trick or treating there on Halloween. they used to come out with a big bowl full of money (99% pennies) and let you take a handful. One year I made something like six bucks by going back over and over. Oh, good times, good times.

I think virgin people should be the one to pay to be slept with.

Evo said:
So is what she is doing illegal then?

Well, if the Bunny Ranch can have a webpage, and they do [I looked, wooohooo!] then as long as she holds the auction and activities at the Ranch, it all seems comparable. The only thing that I can think of is that auctions for sexual favors may not be allowed under the prostitution laws.

tribdog said:
It grows back doesn't it?

<lol> No, but they do have reconstructive surgery and it is an offering.
She may not be that inexperienced :rolleyes:

humanino said:
I think virgin people should be the one to pay to be slept with.
I agree.
However, for some people a virgin just isn't going to know just how bad you are at it.

I had sex with virgins and whores. I can't recommend either.

Is it just me, or is there anybody else that thinks that grad school can't be financed with a single sex act? If she agrees to be the sex slave of a wealthy and repulsive individual (of either gender) for the whole time she's in grad school, maybe she's got a shot, though.

turbo-1 said:
Is it just me, or is there anybody else that thinks that grad school can't be financed with a single sex act?
:smile:

This is what strikes me: If she can do this, then will online sex auctions become a standard?

However, the auction itself is at the Ranch... so maybe not auctions online, but advertising. Then again, online auctions might be next anyway.

Ivan Seeking said:
This is what strikes me: If she can do this, then will online sex auctions become a standard?

Isn't that what Craig's List is already doing? They're just a bit more subtle...you can have a "date" with someone for just two "roses." Uh huh. :rolleyes:

Moonbear said:
Isn't that what Craig's List is already doing? They're just a bit more subtle...you can have a "date" with someone for just two "roses." Uh huh. :rolleyes:

What do the roses represent?

Ivan Seeking said:
Did Ben Franklin really like roses?

turbo-1 said:
Did Ben Franklin really like roses?

Who's buried in Grant's tomb?

humanino said:

This was the point of view of David Bohm, as well.

Leave it to a physicist to desire a partner who is well studied. :biggrin:

Of course, this is all about the inner animal, not technique.

Ivan Seeking said:

Cash. I don't know how much...I think it might be $100/rose or something like that.

I wonder if the Bunny Ranch accepts paypal :biggrin: