Visual Aids & Videos to Help You Learn Physics - Sanctioned by Physics Forums

In summary, the conversation discusses the usefulness of visual aids and analogies in learning complex concepts, particularly in the field of physics. The individual asks for recommended sources for videos and Youtube publishers that are acceptable by PhysicsForums, and also inquires about the acceptability of linking to videos in forum discussions. The moderator provides a link to the STEM Learning Materials forum for video lists and clarifies that while linking to videos is allowed for questions, it will be more closely evaluated when making a point.
narrator
To some degree I can cope with Jargon and formulas, but they often slow me down to the point where I stall. I learn best with either visual aids or analogies that I can picture. And that's why I find videos so helpful. For example, I loved Carl Sagan's Cosmos series. His cosmic calendar is such a wonderful visual aid.

Are there sources for useful videos, that lay people can follow, that are sanctioned by PF?

Similarly, are there Youtube publishers who are acceptable?

As an example, there is one Youtube publisher called "Physics," who created a 1hr documentary style explanation of String Theory, which I found really helpful [Link]. Moderators please, do with the link what you will, but I'd like the questions here to remain, and please let me know if this kind of link is acceptable.

The reason I ask is that documentaries like that one prompt further questions, and I would like to reference it when asking those questions in the appropriate forums.

Physics news on Phys.org
narrator said:
Are there sources for useful videos, that lay people can follow, that are sanctioned by PF?

Similarly, are there Youtube publishers who are acceptable?

We don't have any sanctioned videos but the STEM Learning Materials forum has some threads with video lists
https://www.physicsforums.com/forums/stem-learning-materials.160/

narrator said:
The reason I ask is that documentaries like that one prompt further questions, and I would like to reference it when asking those questions in the appropriate forums.

Linking to a video is ok for a question, but when making a point, it will become more scrutinized and evaluated by staff.

Last edited:
Thanks Greg, much appreciated.

What is "Visual Aids & Videos to Help You Learn Physics"?

"Visual Aids & Videos to Help You Learn Physics" is a curated collection of visual aids and videos created by members of Physics Forums, a popular online community for physics enthusiasts. These resources are designed to supplement traditional learning methods and provide a more engaging and interactive way to learn physics.

Who creates the visual aids and videos?

The visual aids and videos in this collection are created by members of Physics Forums who have a deep understanding of physics and a passion for teaching. They are vetted and approved by the community to ensure accuracy and quality.

What topics are covered in the visual aids and videos?

The topics covered in this collection range from basic concepts in physics, such as motion and forces, to more advanced topics like quantum mechanics and relativity. The collection is constantly growing as new resources are added regularly.

How can I use these visual aids and videos to improve my understanding of physics?

These resources are meant to supplement your learning and help you better understand complex concepts in physics. You can use them to review material, reinforce what you have learned, or explore new topics. They are also a great tool for visual learners and can make learning physics more engaging and enjoyable.

Are these visual aids and videos free to use?

Yes, all of the visual aids and videos in this collection are completely free to use. They are available to anyone with an internet connection and can be accessed at any time. We believe that education should be accessible to everyone and hope that these resources will help you on your journey to learning physics.