Voltage Transfer Characteristic in Multisim?

In summary, the conversation is about a person trying to calculate the Voltage Transfer Characteristic (VTC) of a simulated circuit in Multisim but is having trouble getting the desired results. They explain the steps they have taken and include pictures of the circuit and results. Another person suggests that the issue may be with the sweep type and gives suggestions on how to change it.
jean28

Homework Statement

Hey guys. I am trying to calculate the Voltage Transfer Characteristic (VTC i.e. Vout vs. Vin) of a simulated circuit in Multisim but for some reason it doesn't appear to be working. I pressed Simulate --> Analyses ---> DC Sweep --> Selected the input pulsed voltage as source 1 and the output variables as Vout and Vin. However, the graph still shows both of these mentioned voltages separately. Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

I attached the pictures of the circuit and the results.

Homework Equations

Simulation; does not apply.

The Attempt at a Solution

I attached the images with the steps I have taken.

Attachments

• Multisim1.jpg
    Multisim1.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 1,216
  • Multisim3.jpg
    Multisim3.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,171
  • Multisim2.jpg
    Multisim2.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 1,269
Physics news on Phys.org
I think the problem may be that you need to set the sweep type differently. By default, it is set to Linear, but you can change it to Logarithmic or List. You can also change the start/stop values and the number of points as well. Hope this helps.

Related to Voltage Transfer Characteristic in Multisim?

1. What is a voltage transfer characteristic in Multisim?

A voltage transfer characteristic in Multisim is a graphical representation of the input and output voltage relationship of a circuit. It shows how the output voltage changes in response to varying input voltages.

2. How is a voltage transfer characteristic graph created in Multisim?

A voltage transfer characteristic graph can be created in Multisim by running a simulation of the circuit and plotting the input voltage on the x-axis and the output voltage on the y-axis. The resulting curve is the voltage transfer characteristic.

3. What information can be obtained from a voltage transfer characteristic graph?

A voltage transfer characteristic graph provides information about the gain, linearity, and saturation of a circuit. It also helps to identify the operating regions of the circuit and understand its overall performance.

4. How can I analyze the voltage transfer characteristic of a circuit in Multisim?

To analyze the voltage transfer characteristic of a circuit in Multisim, you can use the cursors tool to measure the input and output voltages at different points on the graph. This allows you to determine the gain and other important parameters of the circuit.

5. Can a voltage transfer characteristic graph be used to troubleshoot circuit issues in Multisim?

Yes, a voltage transfer characteristic graph can be a useful tool for troubleshooting circuit issues in Multisim. By comparing the expected voltage transfer characteristic with the actual one, you can identify discrepancies and pinpoint potential problems in the circuit design.